Maddi squeezes my hand, holding back her anger. "Thank you," she bites out. "Alpha Blu."

She stands and I move with her, she nods slightly to him before leaving the office. I stay behind, glaring at my brother. "Really Lyon?"

"I was being honest with her. If she can't handle the truth she shouldn't be Alpha."

"You were trying to rile her up!"

"The girl can't control her emotions or her power, that's why females aren't ment to be Alphas. The best thing for her to do is--"

"Don't even say those stupid words I know are about to come out of your mouth."

"Don't speak to me that way!" Lyon yells at me. "You know I'm right. Killer Wolf needs an Alpha, not her."

"She is their Alpha."

"My point is," he sits down in his chair. "She shouldn't be."

"Don't expect anything from Killer Wolf besides this deal," I turn away from him. "As far as I'm concerned, we aren't brothers anymore, Alpha Blu."

I leave his office and return to my mate's room. She sat at her desk, fuming with anger. I walk up behind her and pick her up before sitting in her chair and letting her rest on my lap. She makes herself comfortable and goes back to work.

I run my tan hands over her spin as I think. How can Lyon and I of come from the same two people? He was clearly a brute, another bully Alpha I will have to be wary of being in business with. Maddi complained about the way Alphas viewed her, I didn't want to believe it, but she's right. None of them will respect her in full until she proves herself. Even I will have to be weary of situations that arise.

I can't control her, I wouldn't dream of taming her fire. Maddi is strong, she had what it takes to be a great Alpha. First I will have to help her keep all that power in check. An Alpha's power is their greatest asset. Most hold back their power and only use it in full to establish dominance. Maddi will need to learn to use this as a weapon and not just a state of being.

I trust her though. I believe in her above all else. If anyone can do it, it's her and her beautiful strength.

She stops typing and turns back to me. "What did you say to him?"

"What?" I shook myself out of my daze.

"What did you say to Alpha Blu?"

"A lot of thing, mostly yelling."

She turns to straddle my hips. "Are you going to regret what you said in less then twenty years?"

"Probably," I nod.

"Then you should talk to him."

"Not yet."

"Is what you said going to impact the deal."

"I won't let it."

She leans down and pecks my lips. Before she can say anything her phone rings again. "Hey Jack."

&[]