Namjoon sighed, "You all have been acting a little different. You've noticed I assume. In each other, and in yourselves." He looked at Yoongi again, struggling with the words he wanted to say. Yoongi got the signal, and took over.

"I know what this is, because I've felt it before with someone else. Although, not nearly like this..." He said, looking like he was lost in thought. Everyone's eyes were on him, including Jae's. "Do you feel the overwhelming need to be close to her all the time? Protect her? Do you want to do everything with her? Does everything just feel so right, despite her being with us for a short time?" he cleared his throat. Jae couldn't see his eyes behind his hair. A couple pairs of ears twitched at that. He looked like he was struggling with what to say next, but he continued.

"When every hybrid is born, they have a destined soulmate. It's just in our design. I'm sure you've heard about it once or twice from somewhere or other." A couple heads nodded while others looked focused. At the word soulmate Jae's head started to spin. "Again, I felt this before so... I know this is the real deal. I know I've found my soulmate. In fact, we all have." Yoongi said, slowly looking at everyone. A moment of silence passed, then Tae spoke up first.

"So...what are you saying..exactly?" Namjoon answered the question for him. "We are all destined to find a soulmate, but it seems we, as in all seven of us, have found one." Jae swore she could hear the sound of her own blood running in her veins. She didn't, or rather, couldn't process what they were saying. They don't mean...

"It's Jae...Jae is our soulmate. Isn't she?" Hobi said it so quietly Jae could barely hear. The silence between them all was a good enough answer, and Jae didn't know if her heart was beating so fast she couldn't feel it anymore or if it had just stopped completely. If her world wasn't already flipped upside down, it was doing multiple backflips now.

"Isn't that...impossible?" Jin asked, looking bewildered. "Apparently not." Yoongi said, crossing his arms. "It's supposed to be. After all, usually if you have a soulmate, that person is yours, and yours alone. Both are like one mind and soul, and you are connected with each other for the rest of your life. Anyone who dares to disturb that is...it's a deathwish." Yoongi said grimly.

"That's why Jimin wanted to rip Jungkook's head off a few minutes ago. He was protecting what he claimed in his mind as his from another hybrid. It's instinct. That's also why Hobi protected her yesterday without a second thought, despite putting himself at risk."

"But with Jae..." Namjoon said slowly, "she seems to affect all of us, equally. The problems remain: how are we going to deal with this? How are we going to tell her? I mean, would she even..." he trailed off, not needing to finish the question. Jae didn't know how to react. She didn't know how to think. She didn't even know how to breathe. I'm their soulmate? For...all seven of them? How is that even possible?

She felt like she was going to faint. How am I anyone's soulmate, let alone the soulmate of seven hybrids? Is that why Jungkook kissed her? Is that why they were being so nice? Was it just instincts telling them to do so?

She wanted to laugh at herself for having the slightest thought of anything different. Of course it was. They don't really feel that way. Deep down, that's all it is. Just instincts. She had to get out of there. She couldn't deal with this right now. She was naive for thinking anything was real. She crept away, careful not to step on any twigs or leaves that would make her presence known.

As she gained more distance from the men, she felt more and more empty. Maybe it is for the best that we separate. I don't know how this whole soulmate thing works, but Yoongi said he's felt it before. I'm sure they can find someone else. And maybe they won't have to share. She thought bitterly to herself.