,, - am i important to you? ; aether

Start from the beginning

aether, who wasnt really thinking much into the situation, simply answered you, "yes."

aether has pride, and although he loved you, sometimes you were scary to him, and the only way he knew how to deal and tone down your scary was to keep silent and avoid you. it wasn't too long ago when you almost had your pirana plants gobble him whole.

your dendro powers were too powerful that not only you could control it. you were the one out of control, and the only way aether knew how to keep you neutral was to keep you calm; not too excited, or your plants would suffocate the house; not too angry, or there will be poisonous ivies all around; not too happy, or nature would start to grow wherever you were standing. not too sad, or-

wait. not too sad...

aether quickly turned around, and to his guess, you were already growing dead lilies all over the  bed he was on, as well as your lap and hands. he sighed as he took ahold of your hand, which were cold to the touch. you looked up at him with teary glassy eyes, as he gave you a crooked smile.

"what am i to you?" he asked, gently leaning forward to you. "i am your husband aren't i? how could i possibly hate you?"

you widened your eyes at his comforting words, and the dead lilies somehow started to regain its beautiful soul and turned upright, glowing in all its glory.

"you are my husband, you are my friend, you are my everything," he said as he stroked your cheek. "even if there were countless of fighting involved in between us, how could something break us apart like that? how could i possibly end five years of hard struggling just like that?"

the tone of his warm voice filled you with love as you leaned into his touch. you held his hand; just like the first time that faithful winter night when you found him stranded in dragonspine with no food or water. the first time you two met, he was begging for help; no now, it was the other way around.

you were begging him to forgive you, but you needn't had to, he already did.

he pulled your face in and gave you a soft kiss on your lips as you felt the flowers growing all over your exposed skin as well as his; white lilies and morning glories, all in natural light as well as glow.

thick green vines slowly entered through the window of the small room in the cathedral as flowers grew on the ceiling and the walls, slowly covering parts of the room with white lilies and petals. vines came in all different directions as grass and beautiful other flowers grew beneath your feet from between cracks in the floor as he kissed you over and over again.

your heart fluttered; and butterflies were entering as well, followed by a few different coloured birds. the small room was now almost a beautiful garden with different kinds of flowers and vines; ivies and petals dangled from the ceiling as aether held your face and kissed you deeper.

you felt the glow of the morning sun as the gleam entered through the open window as vines continued to invade the room. aether knew he had to stop, it was making you too happy, and when you got too happy, everything could be buried in your nature.

he pulled away from you and looked into your eyes as the flower petals fell from the ceiling, and it felt like time had slowed down when you were looking into his gentle eyes; the butterflies landing on his hair and shoulders, making him look ethereal in the sunlight's eyes.

he tucked a few strands of your hair behind your ear as he leaned you close so he could hug you, allowing the butterflies to kiss you. purple; blue; green; pink; different colours filled the beautiful sunlit room with emotions.

the doors of the room suddenly bursted open with a huge gruff as the vines had grown into the hinges, making it almost impossible to open. you and aether looked up to see barbara and a few other nuns rushing in, breathless and worried.

"is everything alright in here?" barbara asked, completely out of breath.

aether nodded and held your hand. "yeah, he just got too happy."

the nuns sighed in relief. whenever plants grew everywhere, everyone automatically assumed something had happened. barbara looked up to see the beautiful leaf, vines and ivies dangling from the ceiling as butterflies came to land on her and the others.

she smiled as she looked at the butterfly on her finger. "oh y/n, your power is beautiful."

"he is very powerful indeed," aether complimented as he looked into your eyes. "but, the ultimate power he had given, was allowing me to become his one and only~"

you pressed your forehead with aether's, allowing him to breathe in the scent of honey from you as you inhaled in the soft scent of fresh flowers.

"i love you,"

"i love you too, my dearest."