Hesitantly I held my thumb over the call button until I finally found the courage to call my classmate.
Until today, I had never texted the older first, let alone called him. It felt a bit strange, but I guess I was actually just enjoying his presence nowadays.

My phone rang several times and it didn't took long before I finally heard someone picking up.

"Sunghee, are you alright?" Donghyuck's slightly worried voice immediately sounded as soon as he accepted the call.

I frowned in confusion and put my left hand over my ear so I still hear him a little better despite the entire party happening in the background.
Did he think something was wrong because I called him? I mean... it could be but still, was it really that weird for me to call?

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"I dunno, you just never called me before. I guess we're finally at that stage where you show me some affection."

I could tell by the sound of his voice that he was definitely amused about his last sentence and I honestly wouldn't be surprised, if he was grinning like an idiot right now.
Slightly taken aback by his words, I pressed my lips into a thin line as my cheeks gradually started to heat up. 
Gladly no one was near me so I didn't pay much attention whether someone saw me like this.

"Shut up," I breathed in sharply. "That's not the reason I called you."

"What is it then?" The curiosity in Donghyuck's cheeky voice was clearly audible and since it's been a while we actually talked like this, I didn't know how to react.
Regardless of the things going on in our lifes, he still loved to tease me.

Hastily, I tried to come up with an excuse that sounded even remotely plausible, but my mind just went completely blanc.
I didn't want him to think I had only called him just so I could hear his voice.

"I just wanted to check on you and the others," I straight up lied, making it sound as indifferent as possible, but probably too much to even make it sound like the truth.

Why was I suddenly so bad at lying?
A soft chuckle could be heard fron the other end, though it was almost too quiet due to the deafening sounds of our drunken youth.

"Are you sure about that?" he asked in amusement, already knowing the answer to it with confidence.
"I can imagine that you were bored without me at the party. Did you miss me that much already, sunshine?"

Gritting my teeth I just closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breath in, trying hard not to get annoyed at his tone.
If my old self was standing here right now, she probably would've been ready to square up with him and thinking about it with my current mindset, I still wanted to punch him.
Not that hard, but still punch him. He was obviously playing around, definitly provocing me with his stupid assumptions.

'Damn it Sunghee, why did you have to call him?'

"You wish," I tried to convince him otherwise , but as expected, he just laughed out loud.
Despite my noisy surrounding, I could hear his entertained and sweet laughter crystal clear and if I was honest, that beautiful sound was enough to make me fall for him even more.

I quickly tried to change the subject, hoping that he would stop angering me.
Since the other girls would be staying here for quite some time, I at least  wanted to talk to the boy for a little while. Maybe that would make the time pass faster and my mood get better.

"Anyways, what are you doing right now?"

I blinked in confusion when I suddenly heard a oddly sounding screech through the phone, automatically wrinkling my forehead as I listened more closely.
I knew it didn't come from Donghyuck and since it kind of reminded me of a dolphin, I expected Chenle to be with the brunette right now.