Lucy looked down at herself, she had on one of Natsu's t-shirts and some really small shorts that made it seem like she was pantless. "It's comfortable." She shrugged. "And I'm only indulging right now because I can't shake these cravings. I even tried eating ice instead, but no, the baby will only accept chocolate chip peppermint swirl and no less."

"How haven't you gone into labor yet? Weren't you due like... a month ago? Maybe you'll need to be induced.

"Well, it's only been a little less than 3 weeks, I don't think it's anything to worry about. But I'm honestly over the whole pregnancy thing for now." Lucy sighed heavily. It was thrilling for a while, but after dealing with unnatural hormones, food cravings and aches and sores, she started to feel less like she was glowing and more like she was always exhausted all the time.

"And what will you do if you go into labor in the middle of the night, in your bedroom?"

She narrowed her eyes at Aquarius' hypothetical question. Usually by now she'd just be insulting her, but the water bearer seemed genuinely concerned.

"Well... I'm having the baby in the castle anyway, so we'll just go to infirmary."

"The infirmary is on the other side of the castle. What if you can't wait and have to push immediately? You think you're up for having the baby in the middle of the hall?"

Lucy gaped at her and rubbed her belly nervously. "Uh... what, you think I should be waiting in the infirmary?"

"Maybe. Have you already been getting contractions?"

"...Yes, but I don't think-"

"Has your back been hurting, and you can't seem to get to sleep?"

"Uh... Yes..."

Aquarius' gaze was intense as she stared into Lucy's eyes. She seemed to be thinking hard for a few silent moments, resting her full weight on the wall and crossing her arms. She was distracted when Igneel walked over to them, though.

"Aw, c'mon. Don't try to scare the poor girl..." Igneel patted Lucy on the shoulder. "Don't think about it too much. There's enough help in this castle that no matter how soon you go into labor, everything will be fine."

"I wasn't trying to scare her, I just want her to be anticipating every possibility. I'm a little scarred from Layla's labor and delivery, so..." She trailed off, shuddering slightly as she remembered how Lucy was born.

"My mom's? You mean, when she was born, or when she had me?"

"When she had you. Layla felt nearly no signs of labor until one day her water just broke. We were in the middle of a car, and it was just me, her, and your father. I was the one to deliver you, that's why I became your godmother." Lucy joined Aquarius in shuddering. That sounded pretty scary, and it made her admire her mother that much more.

"Well, it won't be so bad. You'll be in your room with access to help all around you. My room's not too far, I could hear you if you need to call for someone. I'm sure the delivery won't be so bad, just a few minutes of pain before it's over." Igneel grinned down at Lucy, his eyes just too innocent.

Lucy had to chuckle at his ignorance, he really didn't know a thing about what labor could be like. Though, she was grateful for his attempt to ease her nerves. "Thanks, Igneel."

"Please, call me Dad." Igneel's grin widened. "Or maybe 'Grandpa' once the baby's here..." His eyes shined as he thought of being addressed in such a way. Ignia's kin weren't as domestic as he knew Natsu's would be, and he was excited to actually be a grandpa.

Lucy giggled, patting the dragon back. "Ok, Dad." It was nice to have someone who actually felt like a parent to her. Despite his dragon habits making relating to him a little difficult, Igneel really did always try to be there for Lucy in the same way he was there for Natsu. She was glad to have him as a father-in-law, and he'd already been more of a dad than Jude had ever been.