Advice

I climb off the bed, take a shower, and head downstairs. Nong is still sleeping but he needs to get up and eat. He needs to regain his strength.

I open the fridge. "What can I make him to eat. Damn. I don't know how to do this."

Brrrriiiinggg .....Brrrrriiinnnnggg

"Mae. How do you make rice congee with pork?" I ask.

There is no answer.

"Mae."

"Mae." I call.

"Mew?"

"What's wrong?"

"Are you sick"

"Do you need me to come over?"

"No Mae." I sit on one of the kitchen stools and rest my head on the table.

"Mae. Gulf." My speech halts. "He came by last night."

"I hurt him. Mae."

"He cried."

"He is so lost Mae. He's sick, he lost so much weight. P'Best said he almost collapsed. His Mae and Por didn't know. He pushed everyone away."

"Mae, I feel so guilty. I love Nong and I hurt him so badly. Mae, what do I do?"

"Baby boy. I am so sorry. I know that you and Gulf are both hurting right how. I am sure that Gulf knows you never meant to hurt him. He has never been someone to hold onto hurt or resentment, but the truth is he was hurt by your actions and the two of you must resolve it if you want to move forward with your relationship." She advises.

"The two of you must talk about it. You both need to be honest and empty out your feelings. Don't hold back, don't hold on to anything or it will turn into resentment and destroy your relationship."

"I'm not going to lie to you Mew, it will hurt baby boy, but you must cleanse a wound before it will heal. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Talk to Gulf, let it out, and then you can work on healing, on building trust. You must make him feel secure because right now he is not sure if you're going to push away or fight for him. He needs to know that you want him to stand by your side and that you don't intend to let him go. He needs to feel your love for him."

"You do love him, don't you Mew? Because if you are still unsure you need to let him know. Don't lead him on, he will only get hurt again and you know what that feels like don't you baby. Now dry your eyes and turn on the video calling. Mae will tell you how to make the congee."

I wipe my eyes, wash my hands and Mae walks me through making rice congee with pork.

"Bye Mew. Take good care of Nong. Give him my love and bring him to see us when he feels up to it. He needs to spend more time with his in-laws after all." Joked mom.

"I love you Mew. Good luck." She says.

"I love you Mae, thank you so much for everything. I will do what you say and talk to Nong. We will see you soon."