Could Have Been Me

Songs:
Could Have Been Me
The Struts

I stare at my twin in utter shock. He looks like he just got punched in the stomach simply by seeing me. I turn my head to look at Dream who looks pissed, only by the small part I see from under his mask. I think for a second before turning back to my brothers. Dream thinks I'm on his side. May as well have fun with it. I smirk to Tommy with my eyebrows still raised in shock. He and Techno begin to whisper while giving each other things to protect themselves. I take a couple steps down the stairs and hum 'Sway' by Michael Bublé. Tommy steps up to me as Techno does to Dream. I grin to him only for him to glare.

"Damn. I thought you were dead." I say to him as Dream argues to our brother from beside us.

"So your working with him now?" He asks, gesturing to Dream. I glance to him and my smile falters from his yelling but I don't let Tommy have the satisfaction of seeing me damaged.

I shrug, "Don't wanna live as an untold story. Rather go out in a blaze of glory." I look up as if I'm imagining it. "Really shouldn't have left. I'm getting all of that with him now." My voice wavers at the thought of getting it from Dream, something I really did think was happening before.

"you don't scare me!" Tommy raises his voice to me and puts his hands over his ears like a child. I flinch slightly but don't back down.

"I'll live now cause the bad die last." I side eye Dream who is still arguing with Techno. "Dodging bullets with your broken past." My eyes shift back to Tommy who glares me down.

"what?" His annoyed face and covered ears slowly turn into a smile as he thinks.

He grins and takes a step towards me, making me back up a bit, "Wanna taste love and pain. Wanna feel pride and shame." He puts his arms out to his side's dramatically. My eyes shift behind him to see The Butcher Army watching us. Quackity slightly smiles to me. "Don't wanna take my time."

"Don't wanna waste one line." I mumble. "I wanna live better days." I whisper so only he can hear me. I shake my head to Tommy, "Never look back and say-"

"Could have been me." He cuts off quietly. "It could have been me." I nod to him and his eyes widen. He tackles me into a hug that makes me slightly stumble backwards before hugging him back. "I wanna taste love and pain." He mumbles.

"Wanna feel pride and shame." I whisper back. Never thought the stupid song we made a couple years ago would be code for not being on Dream's side but it works.

"Tommy." Techno's strict voice splits us apart. I shake my head slightly so Tommy gets the hint to not say anything. Dream tilts his head slightly to me and I stand next to him with my bow ready to fire, as if I would.

"Listen, your gonna come with me." Dream starts to Tommy. He fixes his blue robe (similar to Techno's) and gulps at Dream's statement.

"Huh?" He asks quietly.

"Or I'm gonna burn your disc." My head snaps in his direction in confusion. Dream never told me he had Tommy's discs. Not both of them at least.

"Well that's gonna be a bit of a problem Dream." Techno takes a step forward. Tommy looks at him with hope when Techno steps fully in front of his body. "Because this guys with me." My older brother aims his crossbow at me (probably since I have no armor) making me do the same with my bow.

"Hmm, are you sure Techno?" Dream asks. Tommy peaks his head from around Techno and his eyes lock with mine. I glance to Dream before suppressing a small and quick smile.

"I am sure. This is," he glances back at Tommy, "this is uh a business partner, Dream, for our own mutual benefit right now. So, so I can't exactly have you taking him." The rest of the conversation went by in a blur. Dream let Tommy and Techno go and immediately pulled me back to my house.

—————————————————————————

"What's going on with you and Tommy? Why-"

"Dream, for the millionth time, we haven't seen each other in forever and missed each other. Who wouldn't hug their twin who they thought was dead?" I ask with a strained voice.

"But you were arguing with him seconds before hugging!" He starts to ramble on about how Tommy betrayed his trust and now he thinks I am, making me guilty for agreeing to Quackity's plan. Dream really has been my friend... maybe I shouldn't leave.

"I'm sorry Dream. I guess I just couldn't hold it in." I say quietly as I feel tears stream down my face. He seems to notice because he takes a deep breath and rubs his eyes. My blurry eyes focus on the disgusting mask on the white carpet inches from Dream's feet.

"Just..." he looks back to me, "Don't betray me like he did." I feel more tears spill from my blue eyes. I don't know why I ever thought Dream would manipulate me. He wouldn't...

I nod to him.

He smiles.

He leaves.

Fuck.

Flashback:

"Me? Why would I need the string?" I ask confused. Tommy starts to tie it around my belt anyways.

"Look, you stayed by Big Q's side. Which I get. But now that he's turned against Schlatt and to us, your a big danger. He trusts you. Dream trusts you. If you get hurt, I don't know what I'll do. None of us will. I sigh and nod to Tommy. He's always been like a brother to me. Annoying. And I guess protective, but still.

"Yes sir." I salute to him, which he returns before sneaking back to Pogtopia. I look both ways before leaving the alleyway Tommy and I met up at.

"Lia!" My eyebrows raise by the voice and I look to my right to see Dream making his way to me.

"Oh, hey." Dream has luckily been helping Pogtopia, but we all know how he likes wars and violence so he agreed with Schlatt to help him.

"Look, I know how your helping Pogtopia." A sense of fear runs through me. We all know what happened to Tubbo when they found out about him. "Don't worry, it's good. Just when they need the help, I will. And I want you to be on my side. I promise that I'm planning on helping them. All you need to do is fight by my side. You don't need to hurt Pogtopia." I think about his offer for a moment. It's not like I'm killing any of my friends. I won't be killing anyone... just... harming?

"I'm not going to fight against-"

"No, no, no. We aren't fighting against them." I make an 'o' shape with my mouth and nod.

"Sounds like a plan."

A/n:
I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THIS IS LATER ME AND I FUCKING HATE THIS CHAPTER WITH A BURNING PASSION ITS SO CRINGY AND I TRIED TO PULL STUFF TOGETHER TO SHOW THEM WHEN THEY MADE THE SONG OR WHATEVER SHIT BUT I KEEP FORGETTING AND I DONT WANNA CHANGE IT TO ADD IN A STUPID BIT SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME I MADE THIS WHEN THE COSPLAYS OF TOMMY STANDING UP TO DREAM WIWTH THIS SOUND WAS SNTHING OKEKS