Music

*HOLY CRAP!! I JUST CHECKED THE RANKING ON THIS STORY AND SOMEHOW ITS #64!!! That may not be very good but out of 497 I think it is. Thank you so much for reading my story and I would appreciate it if you left me some comments*

*Denki POV*

A day had passed since the carnival after party. I for one was exhausted and didn't want to go home. Especially since he was there. I trudged home as slowly as possible. I started to walk up the steps and opened the door. As soon as I did I was slapped across the face. I stumbled back and was punched in the stomach. I looked up to see him staring at me with pure hatred. I stared  right back with the same eyes.

He threw another punch at my head but I ducked and shocked him, just enough to paralyze him for a couple minutes. I bolted away from my house to the cafe. When I got there I noticed that I had a bloody nose. The cafe was closed, so I didn't have anywhere to go.

Then I remembered that I had gone to Jiro's house a couple times to study. I had no where else to go so I made my way over to her apartment. Pretty soon I started to feel all the punches that had been dealt to me. Apparently he had hit me somewhere hard on the leg. Even still I continued to her place.

*Kyoka POV*

I was just about to start playing some of my music when I heard a knock at the door. I didn't know who it could've been so I went to answer it. As soon as I opened it someone fell on me. I stumbled to keep him up and soon realized that it was a certain idiot blond.

"S-sorry . . . I had no where else to go . . ." he said shakily. It was then that I noticed he has a bloody nose and was bruised all over.

"Kaminari! What the hell happened to you?!" I screamed worriedly. I hurried him to the couch in the living room.

"Stay here," I said. I rushed to the cabinet to grab an ice pack and some bandages. I went back to him and put a bandage on his nose and cheek and an ice pack on his leg and stomach.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked again once he was patched up.

"He was pissed . . ." was all he said. But I knew he meant his so called "father".

"Sorry . . . the cafe was closed . . . and I don't know anyone else . . . so I had to some here . . . you can kick me out if you want . . ." he said.

"No. It's obvious you're hurt and need help. You can stay here as long as you need," I said.

"You may not want to say that . . . it'll be quite a while before I can go home . . ." he said weakly.

"I know. You can still stay as long as you need. Now sshh. Get some rest. You're exhausted. sleep," I said gently. He looked like he was going to protest but decided against it and closed his eyes. I went to the closet and grabbed a pillow and a blanket. I lifted his head slightly and placed the pillow under his head. Then I placed the blanket over him.

I figured he would be hungry when he woke up so I went to the store and bought some stuff for curry. When I got back I made sweet and spicy curry with a side of a small bowl of ramen. When I finished he started to wake up, probably because of the smell.

"Woah that smells amazing!" He said.

"Good cuz I made a lot. Here," I said giving him a plate and small bowl. He thanked me and instantly started to scarf it down. I didn't think it was that good, but I guess he thought it was. Once we finished he sighed and leaned back.

"Man that was amazing! I know you've lived alone for a while but man you're cooking is on point!" He complimented. I blushed and looked away.

"It's not that good," I said playing with my ear jacks again.

"Of course it is! I've been cooking for myself for years and I cant get that good!" He said. I blushed even harder and kept playing with my ear jacks. Suddenly he grew serious and stared me dead in the eye.

"You . . . you had a pretty messed up childhood too, right?" He asked hesitantly. Confused, I just nodded in conformation.

"How did you cope with it?" He asked.

"I . . . I played music. I learned how to play instruments and started going to concerts. Why?" I responded.

"I never really had a way to cope. The best I got was learning how to fight and try to stand up for myself. When you told me you had a way to cope, I wanted to know if I could cope too," he said.

I thought for a moment before it hit me. "One time you told me you liked music more than the average person right? Why not learn how to play? It may not help, but it worked for me, and it might work for you," I suggested.

"I would appreciate that," he said.

"But I'm gonna call my mom first to let her know I'm ok. She must be worried," he said. I nodded and he stepped away for a while to call his mom.

When he came back we went to my room, which was filled with instruments. He looked around for a while until he saw my electric guitar and seemed to have stars in his eyes.

"You like that one?" I asked. He nodded eagerly.

"Alright then, I'll teach you," I said. He looked at me with a 'you're not pranking me are you?' look. I shook my head no and picked up the guitar and gave it to him. He held it gently and looked at me excitedly.

Two hours later he was almost as good as me. I was surprised because it took me a year to learn guitar, when here he is almost mastering it in less than a day.

"Well then. Since you've already almost mastered it, why don't we listen to some music for a while?" I suggested. He nodded eagerly. We listened to all kinds of music. Specifically songs by The Offspring, Nelly, Usher, NEFFEX, and Eminem. Turns out we had lots of things in common. Our favorite songs by each of those bands/artists were You're Gonna Go Far Kid, Just A Dream, DJ Got Us Falling In Love Tonight, Godzilla, and All These Thoughts. (*I may or may not have put their favorites as my favorites..😅*)

Before we knew it it was around 9.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked.

"Sure. What kind?' He asked.

"Hmmm . . . comedy?" I suggested.

"Sure," he said.

"Alright- wait . . . ah crap," I said.

"What's up?"

"I only have one blanket . . ."

"That's all right. You can have it."

"No. It's fine. We'll share."

The first movie we watched was a movie called Central Intelligence, starring some American actors, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Kevin Hart. It was funny I gotta say. Next he suggested someone called Jeff Dunham and it was hilarious.

*Denki POV*

After we finished watching Jeff Dunham I looked to my right to see Jiro sleeping peacefully while resting her head on my shoulder. I felt tired myself, so I lay down, completely forgetting that Jiro was sleeping on me, so she ended up sleeping on my chest.

What I didn't know was that our little music adventure brought us much closer than I thought it would.