Comfort

Kyoka POV

When I woke up, I didn't recognize where I was. It was a little bigger than my room in my apartment, and the blankets I was under were black and yellow with lightning bolts on it. I recognized what it smelled like thought. It felt . . . comforting. Kind of like . . .

"Denki?" I asked sitting up. Suddenly I remembered the events of yesterday. I looked around to see Denki sleeping on the floor next to the bed. I must have fallen asleep last night when we were looking for a movie. I heard footsteps and looked up to see Keni looking at me from the doorway. She motioned for me to keep quiet and follow her.

"Are you ok? You seem distracted," Keni asked me as we sat on the couch in the living room.

"Yeah it's just . . . I don't know. I feel like . . . I don't know why but I feel . . . comfortable here. Like it feels more like a home than anything I've felt in a long time." I explained. When I looked up Keni was looking at me with caring eyes. And maybe, familiarity?

"I know what you mean. Back when Denki's father was . . . well, still his father, I felt like that at his home. Kyoka, I hate to be brutally honest, and you might reject this at first, but I think you're falling for Denki," Keni said.

"I . . . I'm . . . what . . ?" I asked, confused.

"You're falling in love with Denki," she explained. I was shocked. I was shocked because she was right. How I did I not see this before? Why? Why him? And idiot blond who flirts with every girl he sees? Why?

"You're probably wondering why," Keni guessed. She's good.

"That's the funny thing about love. It comes when you least expect it, and to someone who you'll least expect. Denki knew he was never the smartest, and he flirts with girls to make himself feel like he fits in," Keni explained. That's when it hit. That's when I realized why I'm falling in love with Denki. He may seem like a useless idiot and perv, but in reality he was a selfless and caring guy.

"What're you guys, haaah, doing?" Denki yawned sleepily from the doorway.

"Uh . . . n-nothing! Just uh . . . girl talk ya know?" I stuttered.

"Alright . . . one of you guys wanna help me with breakfast?" He asked.

"I thought you said you couldn't cook?" I questioned.

"Not normally, but watching you cook the other day I managed to cook up some mad eggs and bacon. And I figured out a secret to making toast," he said.

"If you don't mind, Denki, I thought Kyoka and I could go out for a bit. So I can get to know the next Kaminari ya know?" Keni said slyly.

"EH!?" I screamed in confusion. Denki just kind of stood there, frozen. Keni giggled and grabbed my hand while we walked out of the door. We hopped in her car and she started to drive us to the mall. It was a fairly quiet drive, but peaceful.

"So where do you wanna go?" Keni asked.

"Hmmm . . . how about . . . the music shop?" I asked.

"Oooo yes yes yes! I love music!" Keni exclaimed.

"Really? I can play almost every instrument!"

"So can I!"

"What's your favorite band?"

"What genre?"

"Country first."

"Either Jason Aldean, Scotty McCreery, or Florida Georgia Line."

"Same!" The conversation went like that for the next hour. We had very similar tastes in music. Now I see where Denki gets his love for music from. We spent a few minutes in the shop, inspecting the new guitars and drums they had on display and seeing the different CD's they had. After that we went back to the Kaminari residence where we were greeted by Denki sitting at the table with breakfast fresh on the plates.