Chapter 82- Villain Complex

Start from the beginning

"I'd love it if you would!" The angelic woman beamed, her baby pink sweater and jeans making her look so soft and fragile. Scratching the back of your head, you looked at Touya to see what he wanted...and with the way he looked at you, it was clear he wanted you to join him.

"Alright...alright, but Touya's buyin'!"

~~

The café was small and quaint, which meant it was the perfect place for someone like Dabi to hide in plain sight. You sat next to him in the booth, Rei getting a whole side to herself to stretch how she wanted. The waitress was pleasant and sweet, quickly getting Rei an iced tea, Touya some black coffee, and for you your typical coffee. You held back a chuckle as Rei was observing her surroundings, the modern décor and various flora and plants inspiring her for her next painting. 

"What's so funny?" Touya's deep voice was low in your ear to avoid pulling the attention of his mother.

"Remember the last time we were in a café together? I nearly killed you with a fork." He gave you a quiet snort, his mask lowered for a moment for him to drink his coffee. You could see his perfect smirk curl upwards at the comment.

"As if you could. It's cute you think you could win."

"Would you find it cute if I cut your throat then?" You murmured as you sipped your coffee, Rei not even paying attention.

"Oh, I'd find that hot. I love a woman that can put up a fight," he teased you, knowing it would get a reaction out of you. You choked on your coffee and Rei immediately turned your way.

"Gosh...are you okay?!" 

"Y-yeah...wrong pipe," you innocently coughed as you tried to wipe your mouth. Touya acted so innocently as his large hand gripped the mug with ease, ignoring the handle and bringing it to his scarred lips. He looked good, acted like a shameless tease, and he knew it was just enough to annoy you.

"So (y/n)! Your birthday is coming up real soon! What are you gonna do for it?" Rei asked you as she sipped through her bamboo straw. Her iced tea didn't have enough ice in it, and so she slyly chilled the glass with her hand, frosting it over just enough to not freeze the liquid inside.

"Huh? How'd you know that?" You asked her with a raised brow.

"Touya told me. The big eighteen huh? You have got to do something special. I spent mine pregnant and it was no fun since I couldn't even stomach cake," Rei chuckled from the memory. You winced, knowing that would be an absolute nightmare to deal with.

I can't even picture going through that right now...

"To be honest, I've never celebrated my birthday before. We didn't believe in that where I'm from and I didn't even know that was a thing until I went to UA...so no I probably won't do anything. I'll be taking a trip then anyway to my hometown." Touya froze, looking at you with deep concern in his eyes.

"The Shini Mountains?" He asked you with narrow brows and worry etched on his mature face.

"Yeah." He looked like he was in thought and he struggled with his words. With his mother in front of him, there was only so much he could say...and there were a few secrets he would risk leaking as well. 

"(y/n)...I-" The waitress placed the food down in front of all of you, and with the distraction, Touya elected to hold his tongue instead of saying what he was going to say. Lost in the happy energy of his mother, he didn't want to ruin it by exposing himself...or bringing up something that would upset her. 

"Let's eat!" Rei chirped as she dug in.

~~

You let Rei and Touya take a walk through the park alone to have solid mother and son time, deciding to sit on a park bench and meditate, attempting to strengthen your connection to chi. Touya on the other hand was walking with his mother along a trail, the woman not needing a coat for the cold weather thanks to her quirk.