"Oh," I simply replied. I didn't want to pursue this with Hailey because the last thing I want is to for her to raise unnecessary suspicion on Jake, thus damaging their relationship, all because of me.

We continued having our conversation, now about Hailey's studies. She was rambling on about how hard her third semester is, and she has a hard time studying specific subjects. Hailey is lucky because fair enough; Jake had studied some topics that she did, so he offered to explain and tutor her the things she couldn't get into her head.

Wow, relationship goals.

"I'm back," Trevor said while coming into the car.

"Trevor, can you keep it at the trunk because if it's here, I might eat it here," I said; I was serious about it. I've been on a diet recently, so the strong smell of the food is just too tempting.

We continued our ride to Amelia's apartment. Strangely, we were playing the last letter game along the ride. Screams and laughs filled the car.

We eventually reached her apartment amidst playing the game. Since her apartment complex has very high security, the three of us were checked by the security guards before entering the lift.

"Hello, babes. Come on in," Amelia chirped while opening the door.

We went inside and to the dining table because I was already hungry at that point, and so were Hailey and Trevor. Amelia took out the plates and cutlery, sensing our hunger.

As soon as Trevor set out the food, I started eating. I was practically devouring the food and didn't even leave a single leftover on the plate. That was how hungry I was.

Everyone had finished their food and went to the living area.

"So what's the reason you called us?" Trevor asked.

"First, I'm bored. Second, I need some good home decoration advice from you guys," Amelia said.

"Oh, my favorite," Trevor said.

"That's what I thought. So I bought some new furniture and cute decorations. You guys know that I'm a lazy bitch, so I need you guys' help to like set up everything," Amelia told us.

Amelia walked us to this vacant space in her apartment, which had several big boxes. Hailey and I opened the boxes to see a few unbuilt shelves and tables and lots of decorations. A grin etched on my face seeing it.

We got to work instantly.

Trevor was ordering us here and there. Hailey got so irritated when Trevor asked her to place one object at different places. I did my part, too; I always loved decorations, so I took control of that.

"Amelia! Keep it there. No, no. Keep it THERE!" I heard Trevor ordering Amelia; it made me laugh.

"Wait, you dumbass! This thing is heavy! Why don't you give me a hand?" she asked.

Call me crazy, but I love watching my friend argue over the stupidest of reasons.

"Okay, I'm sorry," he said, laughing. "Here, lemme carry this side," he said.

"Miss. Hailey, what are you doing over there?" Amelia asked Hailey as Hailey came over to me.

"Wow, Amelia has a great taste in this, and your expertise in this is just the cherry on top," Hailey and I snickered.

"Hey, why there's no song playing here? Alexa play my party playlist," Amelia commanded to her smart speaker.

"I was going to ask you to do that, Amelia," Hailey said.