The Look In Your Eyes (Ray Toro)

Ray's P.O.V.

Everyone laughed around me, smiles on their faces as my gaze stayed on one woman sitting in a booth with two children infront of her around the ages of 3 or 4. I knew it was her...

*Flashback April, 4 2008*

"Liz...I have to tell you something." I said as she looked up at me and smiled a bit.

"I have something to tell you too..." she said and stood up from the couch. "you first." she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. I slowly grabbed her arms and unwrapped them before taking a few steps back.

"You're going to hate me..." I said. "I know you will because I have done something so horrible."

Her smile fell and the look on her face was now fear. "what?" she whispered.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair before looking away from her and whispering "I'm getting married tomorrow..."

Her face went from a feared look to shocked. "what?"

"I'm sorry...I thought it was a fling or something, but it turned into so much more then that."

"so..." she whispered "you were going to just cheat on me, but you ended up falling for this girl?"

"I'm so sorry, baby..."

"Don't call me that!" she screamed, tears cascading down her cheeks.

"I don't love her as much as I love you, believe me." I shook my head with tears now in my eyes.

"then why are you getting married?! Huh?!"

"it just...happened." I whispered.

"I'm so sorry.."

"is this why you never took me on tour with you or around your band and their wives? I've been with you for 12 years, waiting for you to ask ME to marry you! I've been sitting here waiting every night to just have you lay down next to me! Now you're getting married to a woman you've known for how long Ray? How fucking long?"

I sighed and looked down "2 or 3 years..."

She shook her head and walked towards the front door, her tears had stopped, but I could tell she was just trying to keep it all in. "Goodbye, Ray..." she opened the door and looked back at me "I'm pregnant by the way." and with that she walked out of our apartment, slamming the door shut.

*End of Flashback*

"I gotta get back to work now guys." Christa said, breaking me from my gaze. She stood up and kissed my cheek. "Bye guys!" she waved as she walked toward the exit, smiling at us and we all waved back at her.

"So what time do you guys wanna meet at the studio tomorrow?" Gerard asked

"9?" Mikey suggested.

I shrugged and kept peaking over at her and Lynz turned her head when she saw what I was looking at. "who is that?" she questioned.

Everyone's head snapped toward her and Frank said "Woah!" he looked back at me and smiled "isn't that Liz?" he questioned.

"It is!" Mikey said and smiled at me.

"Wow! She looks good." Gerard smiled and everyone turned towards me. "We haven't seen her since '04 or '03!"

"Yeah..." I nodded.

"She has kids..." Lynz said, looking at me.

"I see..." I nodded

"and those kids look a lot like you."

I frowned and shook my head. "They don't."

Frank looked back at her and then at me "They actually kind of do, Ray." he laughed.

"They don't." I stated a bit louder.

He held up his arms and raised his eyebrows. "Chill man..." he said

"Let's invite her over." Mikey said and smiled.

"No!" I yelled rather loudly, thank god she didn't look over.

"What's wrong with you, Ray?" Gerard asked.

"She used to be your girlfriend, I'm sure she's over the break up."

Alicia nodded "plus I haven't seen her in forever and i'd like to."

"you knew her?" Lynz asked

"Yup." Alicia smiled.

"We all did." Jamia nodded.

"I said no." I stated again

"why not?" Lynz said "it's not like those kids are yours."

I stiffened a bit and nodded "but still...it's only been 4 years and she might not even be over it."

"Ray..." Frank began. "you've been with Christa for 6 years now."

I froze and stood up "I have to go." I quickly walked out of the restaurant, not wanting to hear another word, but then I hear her voice call our my name almost as quiet as she could, but I heard her and stayed where I stood.

"Ray?" She said again.

I slowly turned around and faced her "Yeah..." I rubbed the back of my neck and kept my gaze down on the floor.

She shook her head and went back to eating.

I frowned and turned back around to continue walking towards the exit, but felt a hand grab my wrist. I looked to the hand and then to the person and shook my head at Gerard.

He nodded towards her and then nodded at me before mouthing 'talk to her' I shook my head once again.

"Aren't you gonna leave again, Ray?" I heard her question and looked back at her again to see her looking at me with an angry look on her face.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out as I stood there, the words hitting me like a bunch of bullets. "again" is the word she used. I've seen my kids and this would probably be the only time I'd see them if I left right now. "I..." I began and got lost again. I was going to leave /again/. I slowly pulled my hand away from Gerard's, turned back around, and continued towards the exit.

I heard someone get up and follow me out the door and down the small steps. "Leave me alone." I said, not wanting to deal with anyone.

"Ray..." /She/ whispered. "I need your help."

I slowly turned towards her and stared at her for what seemed like forever.

"I need to have another baby..." she said, getting to the point.

I was shocked. She just asked me straight out without any warning. 'I need to have another baby.'

Who just asks someone that? You must be insane to do something like that.

"You're fucking crazy." i said and opened the car door.

"Ray!" she yelled which got my attention. "She has leukemia..."

I frowned and took a step back from my car. "Who...?"

Tears slowly began to form in her eyes as she whispered "Our daughter.."