Chapter 1: I Fought The Law

Bodies stiff and minds numb, Mary and Jake held the body of Lu like she was a new born baby. Lu was starting to feel cold despite how much Jake tried to warm her up. Mary could only cry as she relieved all her's and Lu's best memories in her head. They tried to comfort one another but getting comforted but someone in the exact same position as you doesn't really help. They were in this position for quite a while and it got to the point where they had pretty much come to the conclusion that Lu was dead and there was nothing they could do. However, that was until they heard the noise of Mary's front door opening. Jake and Mary looked up towards the entrance of the kitchen and saw Jade looking back at them. She had a look of disgust and disappointment on her face and she took in everything that was in front of her. Mary and Jake covered in the dry blood of two people, Steven lying with his head caved in on the other side of the kitchen, and Lu lying in their arms with a bloody hole in her chest.

"What the fuck happened here?" Asked Jade, turning her attention back to Mary and Jake.

Mary instantly placed Lu completely in Jake's arms and jumped up towards Jade. She didn't answer Jade's question, she just started to beg straightaway. Mary had obviously thought about what she was saying as soon as Jade had appeared. She had thought about it because she knew it was the only way for Lu to survive. Mary grabbed at the collar of Jade's jacket and looked into her eyes, tears still streaming out of her own.

"Jade" shouted Mary. "Turn her."

"Excuse me?" Said Jade, pushing Mary off of her.

"It's the only way she'll survive" carried on Mary. "Please, you have to turn her."

"No" shouted Jake, looking at Mary. "You can't do that. Lu would never want to become one of them. It was no secret that she didn't really like them."

"If we don't do this she dies" replied Mary.

"She's already dead" counted Jake, more tears emerging from his eyes.

"Lover boy has a point" added Jade, calmly. "Plus, she has a big hole in her chest. There's probably nothing I could do about that now even if I wanted to."

"You mean even if there was a chance she could be turned, you wouldn't even try?" Wondered Jake, looking at Jade.

"That's exactly what I mean" responded Jade. "Like you said, it was no secret she didn't like us and it's no secret that I didn't like her."

"You fucking bitch" Shouted Mary, jumping back up and pushing Jade backwards. "She killed her own auntie so that all of you could live. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"There is nothing wrong with me" said Jade, stepping forward again and not being fazed by Mary's push. "I'm just being practical. Even if it did work, she's probably come out all broken and overall she be pretty shit at being a vampire. Plus, the fact that she would hate herself because she was one wouldn't help. She'd probably kill herself within the first week and that would just be embarrassing for me. My Progeny only lasting a singular week. I do not want to deal with that ball ache."

"You won't do it because it might tarnish your reputation?" Asked Mary, becoming more angered.

"Exactly" answered Jade. "Now you're getting it. Glad we cleared this up. Anyway, I came here to tell you someth-"

"Do it" said Jake, almost whispering. "Turn her."

"Are you kidding? We just had this conversation and you were on my side last time" replied Jade. "Also, don't interrupt me."

Jake laid Lu's body down onto the floor as carefully as he possibly could and then stood up. He walked over to Jade, getting extremely close. So close that his face was only centimeters from Jade's. Jake had his teeth bared and he had a look on his face that would stop anyone from confronting him. He lifted his hand and forcefully placed it around Jade's neck, squeezing until his nails were digging into her skin.