Mashton // Holding On To You by twenty one pilots

{{smut}}

"You are surrounding all my surroundings, sounding down the mountain range of my left-side brain. You are surrounding all my surroundings, twisting the kaleidoscope behind both of my eyes. And I'll be holding on to you."

Michael's p.o.v

I am dreading this evening. Today I get to meet my therapist because my parents think I'm depressed. What bullshit. Just because I'm always upstairs in my room and I hardly talk to anyone doesn't mean I'm depressed. I just like being alone and I fucking hate my family. They told me that I had to go to the therapist because they were getting sick of me being so antisocial. They don't even care about me, so why does it matter?

"Michael, are you ready yet?" My mom yells from downstairs. I grumble as I stand up, walking downstairs to the kitchen.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm ready." I mumble and walk outside to her car, slamming the front door shut as I walk out (a/n: haven't you ever heard of closing the goddamn door hA).

>>

My mom and I enter the office and I take a seat while my mom signs me in. We only wait for about two minutes before a shirt woman with beautiful dark skin calls me in.

"Michael Clifford?" The woman calls. I glance at my mom and she nudges me to stand up. I get up and follow the woman into a small office with a desk and small beige couch.

"Hi! My name is Ms. Thompson. I'm the receptionist here and I'm the one scheduling your appointments, let me know if you need anything!" Ms. Thompson said before she smiled at me and walked out. I stood alone in the room for a couple of seconds before taking a seat on the couch. I waited for a couple of minutes before a man walked in. Let me just say, he was absolutely stunning. He had a mop of curly brown hair on his head that I just desperately wanted to run my fingers through.

"Hello, I'm Mr. Irwin. If it makes you more comfortable, you can just call me Ashton." The man greeted, leaned over to shake my hand, and walked over to his desk to sit down. He began looking through a file, which I guessed was mine.

"Hello." I awkwardly, and quietly, greeted.

"So I see you've been suspected of having depression. You seem to be showing the signs of it, that's for sure." Mr. Irwin says before stacking the papers together and placing them on the desk neatly. "But I don't want to read some files. I want to know what you think. I want to know what you've been feeling."

I shrugged my shoulders and sighed. "I don't know. I feel fine, honestly. I just don't really get along with my parents." I answered.

"And why is that?" Mr. Irwin clasped his hands together and leaned forward on his desk.

"Uh... I don't know. They're just really judgmental and rude."

"Can you explain further? What are thee judgmental of?"

"Well, I can't do anything right around them. They don't accept me for who I am and it gets to be a little much sometimes." I told him. I didn't think this would be so hard to talk about, to be honest. But I'm finding this whole thing to be pretty difficult.

"And who are you?" Mr. Irwin seemed to actually care about my problems, which was weird. No one has ever showed interest in me before.

"That's a big question, Ashton, don't you think?" I laughed. He chuckled and smiled.

"I guess you're right. But what I really want to know is what part of you they don't accept?" He asked, but I knew that's what he was actually asking.

"Well... probably the fact that I'm... you know... gay." I stammered, blushing deeply.

"There's nothing wrong with being gay, Michael. It's a lot more accepted now than it used to be. There are still a lot of highly ignorant people who don't accept it, but I assure you, you're not alone." Ashton told me and smiled.