Valerie nodded, taking the spear between her fingers and listening to him talk on the proper way of holding it as he pointed at the bull's eye that had been carved into a tree.

-.-.-.-.-..

Jonathan rubbed the bridge of his nose and shut his eyes tight, as he looked up the information for his chemistry homework. It was due for Friday, and he needed to be doing something, otherwise he would fall asleep. Three times had his mothers knocked on his bedroom to make sure he was alright. Each time it took them a couple of seconds for them to leave after he told them that everything was fine.

He was in the middle of searching about the branches of chemistry when he froze. His fingers still lingered on top of the keyboard as a chill ran through his body, pushing his focus away from what he was doing. He heard the clothes inside his closet drop to the ground and he knit his eyebrows together, turning to the noise.

A strange feeling settling in his gut, his heart beating loud in his chest, he took his headphones out of his ears. He leant his back against the chair, considering taking a nap for a second, considering himself lucky Merlin hadn't seen him or he would have gone in an endless tirade of how important sleep was. Jonathan stared at the blue painting of his wall and allowed his arms to rest on each of the arm rests of his chair. A second try couldn't hurt.

He shut his eyes tight, trying to mute every single noise as Nimueh had taught him. It didn't take long until a heartbeat, clear and steady alongside the sound of someone stepping on leaves and branches was the only thing in his mid in the middle of the dark room.

His mouth turned into a line, the noise hadn't been as clear the last time. He pressed further, until he saw the back of someone wearing a gray blazer running. He opened his eyes wide and shook his head, pulling himself back to reality.

He appeared in front of Morgana's doorway. Taking a deep breath, he knocked fast until Morgana opened.

"I'm coming... Jonathan what...?" Morgana opened the door, eyebrows knit together with a bit of annoyance. the moment she opened the door, her eyebrows knit together. He passed one hand through his hair and he opened and closed his fists.

"Sorry" he said quick, interrupting her, "I can feel her." He said, his tone filled with disbelief and a ghost of a smile formed in his face. Morgana looked at him up and down, her head tilted, still trying to take his words in before taking a deep breath and covering her mouth with a hand.

"But are you sure?" she questioned, moving from the doorway so he could walk into the house. Jonathan nodded, doing his best to remain focused. It had to be Valerie.

"Emrys, the map." Morgana instructed pointing at Merlin with a shaky hand. Merlin jumped from his chair, eyes wide open, the book he was reading falling from his hands. There were bags under his eyes as he gave her a single nod and his eyes glowed, the table in the kitchen turning into a map. Jonathan hurried to put his hand and the figure of a girl rose, a small flag above her.

Merlin stared at the map in disbelief, eyes wide open. Someone could have dropped a pin, and it would have been as if someone was blasting a rock concert in the middle of the kitchen. Jonathan passed a hand through his hair.

"We have to go, now" Morgana spoke, breaking the silence. Merlin and Jonathan nodded. The boy took a last look at the map before the three of them vanished from the living room.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

It had been too hopeful of Valerie to assume her phone's battery would last however long she had spent there. The fact that it wasn't broken or that they haven't taken it away was enough of a miracle. She didn't want to end up getting a second phone in less than three months and make her aunt spend extra money.