𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

Moments later. The Principal found Belle inside the library. Even though the place terrified her of the past, Belle kept her mind out of it as Mrs Gomez was around here with her.

If she was alone, she wouldn't be here.

"Though so I find you here Ms. Decker". said the principal, dragging the chair and seat. Belle looks up from the book. "How are you today?" She smiled.

Belle nods curiously. "I'm great. Thank you for asking Mrs Principal (Belle studied her) did I do something wrong, that is why you are here?"

The principal shook his head no, said. "I was here to see you and agree with the term".

"What kind of term?"

"About having a live band in our school? (Belle face delight to hear) I've been thinking lately Ms. Decker why not then am I right?"

Belle nodded a smile, the principal spoke again. "It's time to change. Give the band a call and say that you have my approval (smile) I can't wait to see them".

The principal pushed the chair then walked toward the counter where Mrs Gomez stood.

"My darling Betty. How are you today?"

Belle crane her neck from the book she read to see what happened, she felt weird towards the principal the way she behaved today. She eavesdrops on the conversation.

"What brought you here in my library Mrs Principal, book perhaps?"

"Wasn't. I am here to see Ms. Decker and I found her".

Mrs Gomez snorts. "What for? Is she doing something bad? I don't believe that, she's a nice girl. She always helped me out, and she even brought me food to share. Don't you dare Mrs Principal!"

She warns. "I am the principal in this school, not the police to arrest Ms. Decker. No. Betty, you know our school is having a fair for the neighborhood, so? Ms. Decker persuaded me to have a live band in here to entertain us".

"Live band? Should I know who?"

"Funky Punk Machine".

Nodded. "Oh I know that young band. Oh god you really want them here? impressive! Chris is the lead singer of the band".

Mrs Principal's face frowned, said. "You know this band Betty?"

"Of course I do. What? Because I am old doesn't mean I don't know what these music industries sound like. Course I do. It's very nice that you have this band in here, that could be a boring conversation between the teachers and the neighborhood".

Belle nods from the back of the principal. "Why was I the only one who did not know this band existed".

Shrugged. "Because you don't care I think". the principal nods ashamedly. "Guess so".

"I am the loser, Betty. I pushed their ideas, their thoughts.. thinking I was the only one was right all the time. I feel bad and I am a bad person on earth. I couldn't forgive myself either..."

"... Mr. Gibson is the one who gave me awareness, he opened my eyes to see what surrounded me. If it wasn't him I... I don't know what to say".

Belle buried her face on the book she read as the principal mentioned Gibson's name.

"Speaking of Mr. Gibson? That day I was curious".

"About the door that you've been changing?"

Belle's eyes look up. Mrs Gomez spoke again.

"Yes, that day was. I have been so curious since. He says the door was unfortunate to open from the inside but when Mr. Smith looked at it the door was fine to use. It didn't break or something and I realized (she whispered) Ms. Decker with him alone in this library, as the door opened I saw how pale the girl was, scared like she had been afraid of something or someone beside the door was not open..."

"... I mean? what I figured out. I even see red marks on her skin suddenly show up, her lips are puffing or swollen and her clothes are messed up like she's been grabbed by someone by force. I don't know and I suspect he did that towards Ms. Decker".

The principal snorted. "Can you confirm your story?"

"This library is cold. Why is Mr. Gibson and Ms. Decker sweating like hell?" the principal bit her lips. "Cold weather does not make people sweat like that unless you've been struggling or after running. I even heard how panting she was when I stood in front of her, even him..."

"... there was something going on between Ms. Decker and Mr. Gibson while I was away".

Belle quickly buried her face back to the book when the principal and Mrs Gomez were staring at her. She can feel pairs of eyes still staring at her until it lifts off.

"So you mean Mr. Gibson trying to hurt Ms. Decker or he tried to touch her? we all know him as a wife".

"Look at the girl Mrs Principal (she pointed) she is beautiful, there no men couldn't take their own eyes on hers. She may be sixteen but somehow they long to have her in bed".

Mrs. Principal, face changing, turned to Belle who still buried her face down the book. She will not believe this.

"I'm guessing that all". said Mrs Gomez.

"I understand. Yes, Ms. Decker is beautiful, I admit that. But Mr. Gibson? I won't believe that. She may have had panic attacks when the door is broken, both her and him are sweating because he tries to open the door and she is panicking. And I don't think Mr. Gibson will molest one of his students like Ms. Decker".

Mrs Gomez shrugged, she was just telling the truth.

"I want you to keep this secret Betty. What you see or what you saw in here don't tell anyone, because I want to investigate first whether he did it or not. If people find out about this.. what about the parent if they find out through their kids? there will be a problem and that includes me".

Mrs Gomez nods understanding, with thank you Mrs Principal leaves the library. Belle eyes peering up from the book, where she sees the principal left and Mrs Gomez resuming her chores.

Belle leaned on a chair, heavily breathing where Mrs Gomez couldn't see what she was doing. Mrs Gomez was right about that. Yes, she been molested and yes she almost be a raped victim of Victor Gibson.