Chapter 23

KIM NAMJOON (POV)

I breathed heavily as I was strapped in my seat in one of Jungkook's armored truck. Now I finally understood why he is the right-hand man of Jimin, his business partner, and his best friend. The ride to hyung's location was quiet; no one said a word. We all held weapons of our own, even someone as weak as I held a gun even if I wasn't entirely sure what to do with it but Jimin carefully explained that it was for my protection.

I looked behind us and nibbled on my lower lip as we have around five convoyed cars. I remembered back in Jungkook's penthouse that he had hundreds of M16 rifles, hand grenades, combat knives, and all kinds of guns you could possibly think of. I couldn't help but ask Jungkook if it was necessary to bring all of those and he told me that Jung Hoseok was not a man to be underestimated since he perfectly calculated his plan which was why everything fell into place.

He told me that Jung Hoseok was an influential person in the dark. And that if the man wanted to, he could have been a potential rival of Jimin and even Kim Seokjin but the problem was nobody knew who he was before this incident which makes him even more dangerous.

I eyed Jungkook and I noticed he was tensed. He kept tightening and loosening his grip on the handle of his huge ass rifle. He looked scared. I glanced to the corner of my eye and saw the worried look on Jimin's face. I know that look. It was the same look that Yoongi-hyung has on me when he knew that I was having a difficult time.

I suddenly have this feeling in my gut and I don't like it. It's not the good kind... I hope I'm wrong.

"What's happening?" Jungkook asked as soon as we came to a stop.

I looked at the front and saw about 20 men kneeling on the floor with guns pressed against their heads. We all got out of the vehicle to check on the commotion at hand.

"STAY RIGHT THERE!" The man in the middle spoke out loud. "You will not prevent Jung Hoseok from fleeing the country or else we will shoot them!... Dead."

"Don't listen to him! Go get back our Alpha-" The middle man that was kneeling got slapped with the gun that was previously pressed against his head.

"Shut up!"

"You let them go!" Jungkook stepped forward and calmly spoke to the man in charge.

"Those are not my orders!" And to prove a point he shot the man he held captive.

I wanted to scream in shock but my voice just got stuck in my throat as I stared at the lifeless body that fell on the ground and was now drowning in his own blood. I wanted to help him... maybe there was still hope for him to live but even before I could take a step, Jimin held me back and whispered calmed nothingness into my ear. My eyes never leaving the man's face.

"Let them go or you die!" Jungkook warned them one last time.

"GOOD SIR! FORGET ABOUT US!" A man on the far corner said.

"Go save Yoongi!" One voice yelled followed by another and another. Their chants brought tears to my eyes as I was moved by how much they were willing to sacrifice themselves for Yoongi.

Jungkook sighed and slowly raised his hand and had it shaped like a gun before gesturing to fire and soon a rain of bullets flew over our heads.

"NO!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I watched as the kneeled men closed their eyes and accepted their fates. I tried to run after them and yelled at them to move but Jimin held me firm on his side.

"Namjoon look at me," Jimin said but I couldn't.

"I said look at me dammit!" Jimin grabbed my face and forced me to look at him. "If we don't get Yoongi back, then their deaths would be for nothing!"