Chapter 19: I'll take the left...

Start from the beginning

Decisions Decisions

Instead of deciding right away I went over to my bags and dropped the package inside zipping it up with all my other stuff. I’d let Lyla open it, that way I’d know what was inside and I wouldn’t feel so guilty about it.

I looked around my room making sure I had everything packed. It would suck to leave something. I always left something.

Toothbrush…check, extra underwear…check, iPod….check.

Yeah I had everything and in case you hadn’t already figured it out I had decided to just go on the trip anyway, despite his orders and despite my fear of what he’s do when I got back. The pack didn’t know about this order so I wouldn’t be punished. He’d probably just be pissed for awhile, but otherwise he’d be fine.

………………..

“Omg I’m so excited! This is gonna be so much fun. Mom was telling me where to find the best shopping malls there so I’m gonna convince Lucas to take us there!” Lyla squealed.

“Yeah and maybe I can find something for Carson.” I said.

Just thinking about him had my heart pounding. I was so sure that at any minute he’d come running through the door demanding that I get off the plane. I was so nervous my hands shook and when the door of the plane closed I still didn’t relax until we were up in the air, where he had no way of getting to me.

I hadn’t spoken to him since last night, so he had no idea I’d left. I’d call…no text him when we landed and let him know. Hopefully he wouldn’t be too pissed.

“Could you close the shade, I forgot how much I hated flying.” Lyla was saying.

She looked a little pale and maybe a tad bit nervous as she clutched the hand rests. The mighty Lyla was scared, too bad she didn’t have Matt to comfort her.

“It’s okay Lyla, we’ll be fine.” I assured her patting her back.

“Easy for you to say, if we go down, you just turn into a fur ball and fly out of here, I’m just a mass of  skinny arms and short legs I won’t be flying anywhere.” She said with wide eyes.

I laughed; “Lyla I’m a wolf not a bird, if that were to happen we’d go down the same way…not that it will though, cause like I said we’ll be fine.”

She chuckled nervously then consciously tried to calm herself. I offered her one of my ear pieces and we sat there listening to Bruno Mars; locked out of heaven. She relaxed instantly.

…………….

I stood with my duffle watching Lucas count our heads to make sure we were all here. It wasn’t obvious what he was doing but the way his eyes roamed over our faces I could tell that’s what he was doing.

We were outside the airport waiting for our ride which would take us to the hotel. I looked down at my phone; no missed calls or texts, which led me to believe he still didn’t know I’d left yet. I sighed and typed a short message then hit send. My phone would surely be blazing in a minute and true to form, less than a minute later I felt it vibrating in my palm.

Carson.

“Hello?” I answered a bit apprehensive.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been so disappointed with someone in my life. How could you do this Laken?”

Disappointed? Anger I could handle but disappointment?  I felt the tightening in my chest.

“I-I just wanted to hang with my friends.” I said in a small voice.

“Against my express orders. An Alpha should be respected by every member of his pack, but my own mate doesn’t even have it in him to listen to one word I say. Where are you?”

I swallowed hard, he wasn’t even shouting.

“We’re waiting for the people to come take us to the hotel. We’re at the airport.” I said.

“Which hotel?”

I looked at Lyla and mouthed the question. She shrugged.

“I-I don’t know, I’ll call you when we get there and let you know.”

“Give him the phone.” He said with a frustrated sigh.

It didn’t take a genius to know who the him was.

I pushed to the front of the group and held out the phone to Lucas who looked at me with a raised brow. “He wants to talk to you.” I mumbled.

He shook his head and flashed a smile, then took the phone from my hand.

I listened in agitation trying to guess what Carson was saying to him from his replies.

“Well aren’t you the little mother hen.” Lucas said in a mocking tone. “He’s in perfectly good hands- no need to make threats lover boy, I’m here and I’ll take good care of him don’t you worry.” His grin widened and I bit my lip.

This couldn’t be good.

“It’s five days, is it that you have to control every second of his life? Stay where you are, give him a break he deserves it.” Lucas was saying.

What did he mean stay? Was Carson thinking of coming here?!

I took the phone from Lucas when he handed it back to me and put it to my ears.

“Stay away from him, I’ll be there as soon as I can.”  Carson growled then the line went dead.

My eyes widened. He was coming here! Shit I was so dead!

………………..

Remember when Carson said Lucas was using this trip as an opportunity to get to me? Well I was beginning to think he was right.

When we got to the hotel, we were told that it could be only two to a room because of the type of rooms we booked so Lucas arranged everybody in pairs and since there were eighteen of us, guess who I’d be bunking with?

“Which side do you want?” Lucas asked when we entered our room, he dropped his bag onto the floor and looked around.  I gaped

“I-where’s the other bed?” I asked.

“When I booked it I thought I’d be sleeping alone so only one bed.” He answered.

I glared at him suspiciously then looked at the large bed standing in the middle of the room, then I took in the décor and the flat screen on the wall. Lyla’s room didn’t look anything like this.

This was a frickin suite!

Carson was right, I couldn’t see this as a mere coincidence and I shook my head feeling stupid for having doubted him. He was always right but I was here now so I just had to make do. So much for me staying away from him.

“I’ll take the left.” I answered then dropped my duffle on the floor beside his.

                                      AUTHOR'S NOTES

EXAMS ARE DONE!!!!!!! SO BACK TO DAILY UPLOADS YAY! SORRY THIS CHAP IS SO SHORT I'M JUST SO TIRED. HOPE YOU ENJOY IT THOUGH AND AS ALWAYS YOUR COMMENTS ARE WELCOME.

WANTED TO SAY THANKS TO ALL MY NEW FANS AND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN VOTING..I'M AWARE OF THOSE OF YOU WHO ALWAYS VOTE..SO EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T COMMENT I APPRECIATE IT! :)

HMMM I'M CONTINUING WITH THE USUAL SHOUT OUTS TOMORROW BUT FOR NOW...THIS CHAPPY IS DEDICATED TO EVERYBODY ON TEAM LUCAS! BASK IN HIS SEXINESS AND ENJOY!

-DoUbLe.A

-unedited (jeez I really need to start editing this thing.)