Love is an Adventure

* Harry's POV *

I failed at sleep after my nightmare last night. Lou succeeded though and I care more about how he slept. I'd hurt him last night. I don't understand how he can forgive me so easily. I deserved him to yell at me or just be mad. As long as he doesn't give me silent treatment, I'd be fine. Though, I probably deserve that too.

I felt Louis shift his body and his breath hitched, letting me know he was awake. I kissed his head that was still on my chest. "Good morning Lou Bear."

"Morning, Haz." He mumbled groggily. "Did you sleep well after last night?"

"Slept fine." I lied. "How about you? Did you sleep okay?"

"Mhmm." He said which just turned into a yawn.

"I'm sorry again... about last night."

He lifted his head and propped himself up with his hands on my chest. "Harry, I'm perfectly fine for the last time."

"Let me see your arms again, then."

Reluctantly, he gave me his arms and the sight of it made me sit straight up. I looked at him with concern. I rubbed my hand along the purple and green bruises that were in the shape of my hands. I looked at Lou's face and he seemed uncomfortable.

"Does it hurt you when I do this?" I asked still rubbing them.

"Haz..."

"Answer the goddamn question, Louis." I snapped at him because I wanted him to tell the truth.

He snatched his arm away. "Don't you dare speak to me like that." He said.

"I'm sorry." I said with tears at the edge of eyes. I hated that hurt him.

"It's okay, Haz. I'm okay." He said slowly and softly.

I took his hand from his lap and gave it a kiss. Then another. "I love you." I said softly and held his hand with both of mine, close to my chest.

"I love you too." He said leaning his shoulder on my chest and reaching to kiss my cheek. "And you need to understand that I'm not mad at you and I just want to help you."

"You can't help me if I hurt you."

"It's not that bad, Haz." Was he serious? I actually started laughing. "What are laughing about?"

"You seriously think it's not that bad? Louis, sweetheart, you do realize my handprint is on both of your arms in a variety of blues, greens, and purples, and I know it hurt when all I did was rub them. It's bad."

"Okay... fine. It hurts and it's purple, and I'm sorry I wasn't being completely truthful about it. I didn't want you to worry. You've had plenty going on the past 15 hours." He was looking down at the sheets now.

"So it's does hurt?"

"Mhmm."

"I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"I know you didn't. That's why you are forgiven."

I took Louis' face in both my hands to make him look at me. "Thank you." I said before he rested his hands on forearms and leaned his head forward.I kissed it and and let him lay on my chest, while I still cradled his head.

A few moments later a light knock was heard on our bedroom door. We didn't move. We didn't respond. The knob turned and Liam walked in with his eyes shut.

"Can I open my eyes? Is it safe?" He asked.

"Yes, you twit. We're just laying down." Lou responded still not moving.