A Magical New Year's Eve Pt.1 (Woosan) F, A

(Loosely inspired by TXT'S song Ghosting)

It was 4 weeks before New Year's Eve, and KQ High School was as busy as ever in its preparations for the annual Midnight Formal. All through the halls, the sounds of squeals from girls being asked to the dance was ear-piercing to Wooyoung as he walked to chemistry lab with his three best friends, Yeosang, Yeonjun, and Changbin.

"Ugh, why are these silly girls acting like this?" he complained, rolling his eyes.

"Cause they're excited, Wooyoung! After all, who wouldn't be? This formal is one of the biggest events of the year," Yeosang said, obviously anticipating the closely looming day.

"Yeah Wooyoung," Changbin chimed in, "just cause you're not looking forward to it doesn't mean I'm not. I can't wait to have a blast with my friends-"

"Your date, Felix," Yeonjun cut in.

Changbin glared at him. "First of all, I never told you I was going with him. And second, how did you know... wait, never mind!" he exclaimed, blushing furiously.

"Ha, I knew it!" shouted Yeonjun triumphantly as Yeosang giggled. Even Wooyoung had to smile at this.

"Ooh... you're going with Felix?" he questioned, really happy for his friend.

"Uh, yeah." Changbin grinned, his eyes turning into adorable crescents.

"That's adorable!" Yeosang cooed as Yeonjun had a good laugh. Changbin started shooting death rays from his eyes at Yeonjun.

"Yeah, yeah, you're one to talk. I know about you and Soobin-"

"Be quiet!" Yeonjun exclaimed, his eyes darting around frantically. "He might hear you," he added as he glanced quickly at Soobin, who was thankfully paying no attention, as he was busy chatting with Huening Kai.

"What, so you're not dating?" asked Yeosang.

"No, we're not," Yeonjun replied, looking forlornly at Soobin. "I think he likes Kai, so I don't want to mess anything up by telling him I like him."

"Yeonjun, I don't think Soobin has a crush on Kai," Yeosang said confidently.

"Wait, how do you know that?" Yeonjun quipped, looking briefly hopeful.

"My boyfriend, Jongho, is good friends with both Soobin and Kai. Once, he decided to ask if they were dating, and Soobin said no, he likes someone else. And Kai pretended to throw up. After all, he's only a freshman."

"Really?!" Yeonjun shouted, jumping around like a kangaroo. Then it was as if he was a balloon that was being deflated. "So he likes someone, then. There's no way he actually likes me, though."

"You won't know till you ask him, however," Yeosang pointed out.

"Yeah, I know, but I'm really scared to. I don't want Soobin to hate me."

Changbin finally rejoined the conversation with, "Well, if he hates you, he's not worth your time. Cause you deserve someone who loves you, you know." He patted Yeonjun on the shoulder comfortingly.

Yeonjun beamed. "Aw, thanks bro! That's really sweet."

Changbin smiled back at him, then said, "Oh, it's late, I gotta get to gym. See you guys later!"

The other three waved, then Yeonjun asked, "Wooyoung, so why don't you like the formal? Did you ask someone that turned you down or-"

"No," Wooyoung said shortly.

"Then why?" Yeonjun persisted.

"Just leave me alone, Yeon-" Wooyoung suddenly stopped talking and directed his stare down the hallway.