I just chuckled.
"Dad, whom are you trying to impress, huh?" I asked him sitting beside him. 

"Ohh... Your mom will kill me if I even try to impress any other woman." He said laughing.

"It is strange how you fear mom this much!" I said laughing.

"You will know once you get married. It is not about fearing her  just being precautious not to hurt her." He smiled.

"She is given her everything to this family, to me. When you are not even her own kids she is loved you like you are hers. And the one who gave birth to you both just abandoned you guys." He said shaking his head disapprovingly.

I still remember the day when she ran away from the house. I was awake and with my own eyes I saw her leaving and sitting in some car which belonged to a rich man ofcourse. We were not rich ofcourse and she was one money hungry—

"Veer!" Avni called me and I was brought out of my thoughts.

"The guests have started coming. Uncle, Aunty is asking you to stop sitting here leisurely and welcome the guests with Veer." She said smiling.

Dad playfully narrowed his eyes at her.
"Her words not mine, Uncle!" She said grinning.

"By the way, Happy holi!" She said putting colour on his cheeks and touching his feet.

"Hey, hey! You don't need to touch my feet. Daughter's place is always over here." He said and opened his arms to hug her.

I looked at Avni to see numerous emotions in her eyes.

Thanks Dad!

She came and hugged him. He kissed her forehead and took me with him to welcome the guests.

I looked at Avni who was at the verge of crying.
"Go ahead, Dad. I'll be there!" I said to him and he left.

"I don't get a holi wish?" I asked opening my arms slightly.

She chuckled and hugged me.
"Happy holi. And thanks for giving this happiness  for a month." She said still hugging me.

I rubbed her back soothingly. I know she is getting emotional because of her parents. Whenever she sees a happy family she always gets emotional and now she was living in one for a month.
It must be difficult for her.

Then why doesn't she stay?

She detached herself and smiled at me.
Dad called me again and I left with him to welcome the guests.

Everyone was busy playing holi putting colours on each other.
Thank God none of them is troubling me.

Just then I felt water been thrown on my head.

I just looked up and saw Mihir sitting one of the balconies with a bucket and laughing his ass off.

Then Someone hit with the water balloon from behind. I turned around to see Ruhi with water balloons in her hand.

Tanvi was still spraying water on me with a pipe.

God! These people!