Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. part 1

Yay! Another update!

If I keep updating at this pace, the book will be over in the beginning of January. I'll be sad to see it go, but I also want to start a new book.

Hope you enjoy! It's a shorter chapter, sorry about that.

DON'T BE SILENT READERS!

Annabeth POV-

We had just received an IM from Jason, Piper, Leo, and Calypso about the monsters that got by them. I was unsure of how many, but I knew we could handle them.

"How much longer until we're there?" Percy asked one of the pegasi that we had taken to get to California. We had taken two, Percy and I shared one, while Grover was on the other.

It whinnied in return.

"Twenty more minutes," Percy repeated so I could understand. I sighed and wrapped my arms tighter around him, using his back as a headrest. I could feel him quickly grab my left hand and squeeze it with one hand.

Finally, we had arrived at the airport where we knew the monsters would soon be. Percy sent the pegasi off to find the food and water that they needed, but also telling them to listen for when we called them for a ride again.

We waiting in the parking lot for the monsters, there was the only door to get in and out through and it was there. The sun was setting in the sky, making it glow pink and orange. Suddenly, we saw a horde make their way out. I gave Percy's hand a gentle squeeze as the monsters saw us and charged. We all pulled out our weapons.

Grover started playing music on his reed pipes and Percy and I began slashing at the monsters. I dodged just as a claw scratch that almost cut right across my back. I sighed in relief and continued fighting. I watched Percy out of the corner of my eye to make sure he was okay. I watched him kill a monster and smile at me. I slashed at the monster in front of me and it swiftly dodged, but I was expecting that. I slashed at it again as it tried to catch its balance. It disappeared into dust.

Percy, Grover, and I continued killing monsters, and slowly they disappeared. I exhaled, happy to be done fighting for now. I knew there was a battle coming, it was pretty obvious by now.

Percy called the horses back. They flew down to us, their hooves in a running motion as they flew. Percy told me that they did that because it felt natural. They whinnied and Percy and Grover laughed at what they were saying. They landed on the ground next to us. Percy and I climbed on our previous horse while Grover climbed on his.

"Back to camp, we have to get back in three days, before the battle begins," Percy told the horses. They took off like rockets, flying us back to our past home.

I wondered what would be going on there and if we would make it in time for the battle. I hoped we wouldn't run into any more problems on the way back.

Hi! I hope you enjoyed that chapter!

Does anyone even read these? Lol it's alright. I'm going to talk anyways.

Hopefully I can have part two out by tomorrow or the following day. Thank you all for reading this story part, sorry it was so short. I have the plans for the next chapter, it's just putting it into words.

Love you all!

-Addie ❤️