𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Start from the beginning

Belle reaches for her pajamas and wears them. "I'm fine actually. I didn't feel radiation on my skin (she lied) really I am".

"Oh for sake! look at you. Not just red marks all over your body, your skin paler too. Did something happen at school that you didn't want to tell your mom. Was that it?"

"Okay fine. I was stuck inside the library as the door suddenly jammed and I couldn't get out". She lied again. "I was alone. The door was broken after Mrs Gomez had left for a while. So, I begin to panic and what if I die there.. alone".

Belle's mom snorted. "No one ever died inside the library Belle. What happened to that door anyway and how did you get out?"

"Mrs Gomez pulled from the outside and I wasn't there alone actually. Mr. Gibson was there as he was looking for a book, and as he was about to leave, the door was jammed".

Frown. "You both stuck inside together?"

"Yeah. This is all the door fault".

"Really? that doesn't make sense if the door was jammed, why did it have to do with your skin?"

"I don't know. Maybe I get a panic attack or something and I try to get out of there. I'm losing my mind. Who will know what happens if you panic".

Belle's mom nodded. "That makes sense. Would you like to go to the hospital?"

"Nah. Tomorrow I will go to the pharmacy for my red skin. Don't worry, it will be gone after a couple of days. I'll be fine. What dinner today?"

Moments later. Belle went to sleep after dinner. As for her parents, they stay up late in the living room.

Belle's dad sits in an armchair around the corner, trying to solve crossing word games on the newspaper. Belle's mom knitting in front of the fireplace.

"Roger? (he turned to his wife) did you notice your daughter acting weird today?"

Shrugged, said. "She always acts weird".

"No. Not kind of that weird. I think something is happening to our daughter at school".

"What makes you think she is?"

Belle's mom breathed heavily, laid the knitted on her laps. "Something has been bothering her since she came back from school".

"What's bothering her?"

"I don't know Roger. I feel it. I'm her mom and I know something is not right!" exhaling. "There are red marks on her skin. It looks like radiation skin but more like a love mark on her skin even on her chest that has those marks".

He looked up from the newspaper. "She probably got a boyfriend perhaps. Her boyfriend did that. What's the problem then?"

"And you wouldn't be mad if her boyfriend did that to our daughter!?"

"You got your love marks from me, what's the difference? Honey? that's normal okay. That what teenagers always do even us, remember your first sex with me?"

Belle's mom snorted. He spoke back. "It was amazing, am I right and you like it".

"Oh Roger stop that! don't make me blush with those sweet memories we had together before Belle was born. We are innocent".

"Yet you like it". smirking. "Oh my Marianne? why can't we have another child after Belle?"

She turned to him. "Because I can't. I was blessed with one child. And I am so grateful (look up at the ceiling) that she is sleeping upstairs silently in her room".

The husband nodded a smile. "Yes she is (Belle screaming) what on earth!?"

"BELLE!"

Belle's parents hurriedly running upstairs to their daughter's bedroom, they found Belle screaming and raving in her sleep. Her mom quickly woke her before she could hurt herself.

"Honey, wake up! HONEY! (Belle eyes wide open) you having a bad dream".

Her dad takes a seat beside her bed. "What happened?" he asked.

"I don't know (she lied) , something is chasing me I suppose". exactly was she had a trauma, and having a bad dream that Gibson successfully raped her in her dream. "Monster perhaps".

She needs to lie, she will not tell anyone about this, not even her parents, Emma, Jake or everyone she knows.

"A monster? What are you, a three -year- old little girl? Oh honey, did that monster really scare you that bad". her mom wiped her sweat. "You look horrible".

Her dad spoke. "I volunteer to make you hot milk. Is that all right? (Belle nod yes) okay". he hurried downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey dad?"

Belle called him from her bedroom. "Yeah honey?" he stopped what he was doing in the kitchen, looking up at the ceiling where Belle's room was. "What is it?"

"Can I have chocolate milk instead of hot milk? and a glass of water?"

He nodded. "Sure!" moments later. He rushed back upstairs with a glass of water and chocolate milk. "Drink. It feels better and I want you to sleep. There is no monster and you'll be fine".

"I suppose (drink chocolate milk) did I start to hallucinate in my sixteen?"

"No. You just got tired of it all". her mom kissed the side of Belle head. "Finish that chocolate milk. Scream if you need anything".

Belle frowns, her mom snickering. "I'm kidding but I mean it. Sleep tight my precious Belle".

"You two. And dad thanks for the chocolate milk". She smiled.

"Anything for my daughter".

Belle's parents stepped out of the room. She laid the glass beside her bed, cried.

I'am sorry. I have too. Mom, dad.. I have to lie. I can't tell you what kind of dream I have.. and I can't... no one will believe me. But you both will, someday when you understand.

Belle sighs out loud, she lays flat on the bed and sleeps without having another nightmare.