+2

The hand stayed clasped around my mouth, and the body stayed pressed against mine. My eyes widened as I heard a shrilly, monstrous roar, something that most Hearers did. Suddenly, the hand released from my mouth. I slowly turned around to see not one person, but three. The one who was just holding me was definitely a girl. May I say pretty attractive girl. Wait, why the hell was that on my mind when a Hearer was lurking around? “Union go with Fire, and take care of that Hearer,” my extremely attractive holder whispered. The man and woman behind her nodded. I assumed Fire was the girl with the short, red hair, and Union was the guy who looked like he could be a linebacker. Union held his gun tightly and firmly, just as Fire held her bow and arrow. They began quietly walking towards the sound of the shrilling, leaving me and the tan, sexy woman alone. Her brown eyes bored into mine and it seemed like she was trying to read me. I noticed that she had a black bandana, around her short brownish-black locks, just like her other two friends. Uniters. The girl suddenly brought her hand up, and grabbed my chin. She snatched the rifle from my hand with her other free hand. “Who the hell are you?”

“Excuse me, but you can’t just take my weapons. I thought Uniters were friendly. Secondly, rude, request for my name in an appropriate manner. Matter of fact, who the hell are you?” The girl chuckled quietly for a second, but then the scowl returned on her face. She held the rifle up to my face, and ran her finger across the letters that were spelled on it in red. Bloodspiller. “I got that from a Bloodspiller,” I said with my brows furrowed. How the hell could she get me confused with one of them? I didn’t have on a red bandana, and I didn’t look like a murderer. At least, I don’t think I did. The girl raised her brows as in to question me. “Look, they’re taking over Area B right now. I made a run for it and I shot one of them with a pistol and then looted his body.” There was a gun shot in the air, and both of us remained quiet. Suddenly, there were footsteps near. Union and Fire were walking back down the alleyway. They must’ve got the Hearer.

“All done,” Union said, his voice deep and brass. He had colorful tattoos all over his beige skin, gauges in his ears, and a septum piercing. Fire stood beside him, her green eyes staring me down as if I was a feaster. Her skin was pale, but beautiful. If this whole disaster didn’t happen, she looked as if she would be on television. “So, what’s up with this one? She’s got a duffle bag, a backpack, and a rifle. Doesn’t look like good news.” I scoffed at all three of them and crossed my arms.

“This is a Bloodspiller rifle. She got it after killing one, so she says,” the girl said as she shoved the gun back into my hands. “I don’t really care. She’s not a problem. Let’s just go and see if there’s anything left in that loot crate.” The beautiful girl looked at me up and down. “Be safe,” she said with a firm nod before turning her back. Her and Union and began walking back down the alleyway, but Fire kept staring at me. “What are you waiting on,” the unnamed girl asked as she turned to Fire. Her voice oozed with nothing but annoyance, and it kind of turned me on. Okay, seriously what the hell is wrong with me? It’s a feaster disaster and I’m thinking about sex.

“Whose group are you in,” Fire asked. “Your clothes seem neutral. Dirty, white t-shirt, black jeans, combat boots. Very casual. You’re definitely not in the Parkour Survivors group, because you don’t have anything athletic on. Can’t be from the Hipster Survivors Club, wait, maybe you can.” The girl paused and examined my attire once again. “Nah, maybe you’re a part of the-”

“Why the fuck does it matter? There’s a survivor’s group for anyone and everyone. I just want to get the damn crate, now come on Fire,” the girl instructed. Her face was turning red, and she was getting angry.

“Someone has anger issues,” I mumbled. The girl shot me a glare, and I whistled awkwardly.

“I give a fuck, Venice…” Oh, so that’s her name. An Italian city? Interesting and very sexy. Dammit, I need to stop thinking about her in that way. “…because she killed a Bloodspiller. We need stronger people in our group. We should recruit her.”