Wait For Me To Come Home

Začít od začátku

"Well Chase, follow me," she said as she turned on her heels and walked over to the door on her left. It had the same symbol on it as the one he had seen when he broke into the facility. "My name is Emily, I'm responsible for all the interns. Any questions you have, I'll answer," she explained when they walked through the labs.

"This is where you'll be sleeping," she gestures to a an almost empty room. There are two desks on opposite sides and two beds. On the right bed sat a boy, around Chase age. His bag was carefully placed beside him, nothing unpacked yet. "And this is Nathan, your roommate."

"Hi," the boy shyly said. Chase was both irritated and happy at having a roommate. It made it so much more difficult for him to fulfil his mission, but he could finally make a friend and be normal. A little less lonely.

"Hi, I'm Chase," he reached out his hand and shook Nathan's.

"Tommorow will be you first day, both of you. You are expected at 9 AM in lab 6. Follow the signs and you'll find it," Emily said as Chase sat himself down, carefully like Nathan. "Here is my number, call if you need anything," she handed them a card with her picture, name, number and email. Chase nodded a polite thank you and released his bag from his grip for the first time as he placed it next to him on the bed.

Emily shut the door behind her and the boys silently started to unpack their bags. Chase knew he wasn't experienced but he thought he would be a bit better at interacting with others. He felt like he needed to say something but didn't know what. So he didn't.

"So, where are you from?" Nathan sounds nervous as the words leave his mouth and when Chase turn to look at him, he notices the look on his face, similar to regret. Chase was happy the silence was broke but Nathan looked like he would rather return to the peac3 and quiet, instead of awkward introductions. "I am from Stratford, California. You?" He answered casually.

"Alma, Colorado."

"How old are you? I'm 17," Chase cringed inwardly at the childlike introductions. If he couldn't even introduce himself like a normal perons, how was he supposed to do this?

"Turned 18 last summer," Nathan seemed to relax a bit as he noticed Chase's own nervousness. "My mom desperately wanted me to enroll in this program as it would help my college applications," he continued. And Chase wasn't really prepared to answer personal questions, he hadn't expected any. Didn't think anyone would care.

"Yeah, my father wanted me to do this for college, too," it's not a lie, not completely. His father did want him to do this, but didn't give a shit about Chase's future. Nathan didn't need to know that.

"I know she wants the best for me but I wanted to go on a trip with my friends this summer, and now I can't," he explained as he sat down on the bed. "I'm grateful for the opportunity and I'm exited, really, but I also want to get the hell out of here."

"Yeah, me too," but he wasn't sure, maybe this would make his life a little bit better.

"Good morning interns, some of you have been her for the past week already, some of you are new," Emily looked at him and Nathan, then to two girls standing not far from them. "We expect you to help the newcomers with anything they need, now go and continue your projects."

She waved Chase, Nathan and the two girls over. "Alright, this is the intern lab. Each duo has been assigned a project to work on. Your roommate is your partner," she explained.

The project itself was boring, but working with others was nice for a change. After an hour or so, Chase actually found himself enjoying the whole thing. But he knew he shouldn't - couldnt - let himself get carried away. He was here for a reason, strip their databases.