10.

Authors Note : Happy New Years ! Wishing you guys a 2021 full of love , blessings and prosperity.

This chapter is extremely long to the point where I was going to split it into two but I decided against it so please enjoy ! Don't forget to vote and comment ( I love your comments and read every single one!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wasn't sure what I pictured the underworld looking like but this most certainly wasn't it . The sky was a midnight black with bright red stars that were impossible to look at for more than a few seconds as they caused your eyes to slightly burn and in front of us was a clear almost serene looking lake .

A large black boat was tied up on a large grey boulder and sat on that boulder was a tiny little child that couldn't be older than seven with large blue eyes , dimples and a mop of curly blond hair.

"This is Vleester, he will transport us across the sea to the main Underworld" Zelo informed us , stepping into the boat carefully .

"A child is going to transport us ?" Rosie asked skeptically , following him .

"It's my job ma'am, I am the guardian of the Underworld and make sure nobody can cross the river unless I'm with them" Grinned Vleester, his dimples popping adorably .

He was the curtest thing I had ever seen with a large aura of innocence and an adorably soft voice that had a soft lisp . I had no idea how he was the only thing stopping intruders from entering the Underworld .

"Is that so?" Cooed Nylah, bending down and stretching her hand to touch him .

"I would not do that if I was you Wolf Princess, Vleester is Dutch for flesh eater. If you touch him , he will transform into a 10ft beast with over a hundred heads and will swallow you whole" Zelo warned sharply .

"Why didn't you say so before!" Shrieked Nylah , stumbling back in horror as Vleester gazed up at her with a large toothy innocent smile .

"Oh God" I muttered wryly as Raven clutched my hand after we both took a fearful step backwards .

A ten foot beast with a hundred heads ? I wondered how much people Vleester had deceived with his innocent facade to only eat them when they touched him , it was terrifying to think and a stark reminder of where I was .

I was in the Underworld now, the rules were different and things wouldn't be as they seemed. I needed to be cautious and vigilant, I couldn't afford for anything to go wrong, especially as I had a Raven with me, I had to protect her at all costs .

" I would think you'd have the sense to realise that the guardian of the Underworld wouldn't just be defenceless, Wolf Princess  . Do you know how much people try and sneak in here to rescue dead friends or family or are looking for certain treasures that lay here?" Zelo scoffed , his red eyes gazing at Nylah in dismay .