Chapter 30: "Don't Break..." [Part 2]

Start from the beginning

Instantaneously, the connection to Amber and Pyrrha was abruptly severed, the power now forcefully finding it's way to a third body. The group snapped their heads towards the direction to see...Cinder Fall. Immediately, the students drew their weapons. Friends they may be, they now knew Cinder had ulterior motives.

Cinder coyly played with a newly formed ball of fire. She felt that vaguely familiar sensation once more...power....and lots of it. Long ago, she had this same feeling after beating the former fall maiden in combat. Though...since she hesitated a moment to long, she knew she only gained a quarter of the power...by some miracle, Pyrrha seemed to inherit some of the maidens magic.

Cinder: "Strange...It does feel as nice as it did the first time..."

Jaune lowered his stance. Internally, he cursed himself for not seeing Cinder earlier. However, it was Ruby Rose that lunged to initiate combat. Using her semblance, she swung at Cinder, her former friend. For just a second, she thought her scythe had made contact...only for Cinder to block the attack with a glass sword.

Cinder: "Oh? Do you really think you can stop me now?"

Pushing against the sword, Ruby gritted her teeth.

Ruby: "No...but we can."

Freeing her blade, Ruby swung once more. Cinder simply dodged this attack with ease....until a familiar cane BONKED her on the head. Glancing up, she saw Ozpin glaring menacingly at her. Before she had time to recuperate from the blow, a spear belonging to Pyrrha Nikos was then thrusted towards her abdomen. Instinctively, she attempted to parry the attack...only to have Ruby and Ozpin attack once more.

Choosing the lesser of the two injuries, Cinder pivoted sideways, her shoulder taking the brunt of Ozpin's cane. Gritting her teeth, she wasted no time in leaping seveal meters away...creating a manageable distance for herself.

Ozpin: "It's four against one with two others on the way, stand down." The headmaster warned bitterly.

Cinder: *smirking* "I like those odds."

Without skipping a beat, Cinder Fall unleashed a volley of fireballs at the group...

[POV CHANGE]

[Location: Mountain Side]
(With Roman, Neo, Y/N)

The trio frantically ran from the furious dragon Grimm. The beasts jaws snapped, only to have their meal escape by mere inches.

Roman: "Y/N! WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE GONNA DOOOOO?!"

The crime lord spat in between his sobbing.

Y/N: "DO I LOOK LIKE I FUCKING KNOW?!?!?!ANY IDEAS, NEO?!?!"

The two turned their heads towards the shortest member of the trio. She glared figurative daggers at the two for asking her for suggestions. Losing hope, the three only increased their sprinting, their arms flailing helplessly above their heads in panic.

Roman: "OH OUM...WE'RE GONNA BE USED AS HIS NOT-SO-LITTLE COCK SLEEVES! IM TO YOUNG AND DASHING TO DIEEEEEEE!"

Neo: *Scared shitless Mute noises*