Savior of the Heavenly Fowl

Start from the beginning

We went back to the village and Naofumi planted some of his modified seeds. They grew into tiny trees that were covered in fruits, which would actually make them good replacements for getting rid of the famine. Naofumi spoke with the leaders of the village and they thanked him for saving them and giving them the plants. However, Naofumi didn't let them have the plants for free. He had them pick a few crates full of fruit and said he would come back for more of the debt they owed him later. We packed our stuff into the wagon and got into the wagon, I wanted to ride on Filo's back but Rifana wouldn't let me. Filo and Rifana had a mini glaring contest before Rifana pulled me into the back of the wagon. I guess Rifana is still upset at Filo for laughing when she got caught by the vines, but I don't see how not letting me ride of Filo is related to that. We headed back to the town where the merchant was waiting and sold most of the crates of fruit, keeping 2 of them for Filo to eat later. After finishing out business, we got a new job from the merchant to deliver some stuff to an inn at a hot spring town. Naofumi accepted the job and we went off to the town, the town a rather peaceful looking town, that had a lot of hot springs around it. After delivering the the supplies to the Inn, Naofumi looked over at Filo, Raphtalia, and Rifana. They were all over by a fountain that seemed to be a miniature hot spring. Filo was kicking her feet around in the water while Raphtalia and Rifana were sitting still. Filo looked over at Naofumi and smiled "I wanna go into this hot spring thing too!" Naofumi thought for a bit "hot spring, huh?.....what about you Raphtalia?" Raphtalia's ears twitched and her tail started wagging "I'm not that interested...... but if you and Filo want to go, I'll accompany you." Rifana giggles "of course we'd all want to go" I chuckled and looked at Naofumi "it would be a good idea to let them relax a bit before we continue traveling" Naofumi smiled "That's that. We're spending the night here." Raphtalia and Rifana got excited and went to speak until Filo ran through the water over to me and Naofumi, splashing water into their faces. Filo hugged both of us happily "I wuv you!" Raphtalia and Rifana puffed their cheeks out and stared at Filo.

While Rifana, Raphtalia, Filo, and Naofumi headed to the hot springs, I went around the town and gathered some information. Apparently there was a boar out in the mountains called a [Silver Razorback] that would sell for a lot of money. I decided to go out and hunt for one before going to the hot springs since I wanted to make some money and try out the [Sin series] abilities I unlocked the other day. I walked into the woods and across mountains, searching everywhere I could for the animal. When I had found a [Silver Razorback]  I activated one of the abilities, [Gluttony]. I heard a voice in my head as I activated it "So hungry " I frowned as a shadow creature formed out of my hand and went towards the [Silver Razorback], however the animal saw the attack coming and immediately ran as far as it could. The shadow bit down onto the ground where the boar once stood, eating everything. the dirt, rocks, plant, even a tree. The shadow ate all of it, and I gained a bit of exp as well as an ability [Nature's Gift]. I deactivated [Gluttony] and looked at the new ability. I could grow plants out of my body using nutrients from whatever I have eaten. I sighed and started walking in the direction the boar ran off to. While walking I tried using [Gluttony] on other animals that I had encountered and found out a few things about [Gluttony]. Everything the shadow eats becomes nutrients and exp for my body. If I eat something with a skill or ability, I will gain the skills and abilities. Anything eaten with [Gluttony] can not be restored without using [Envy], another skill from the [Sin Series]. [Envy] allows me to make crude copies of abilities, steal items within my sight, and undo things that I have done using my other [Sin Series] abilities. 

I had been walking for a very long time, no longer being able to see any tracks from the boar I had scared off earlier. I sighed and decided to give up and head back to the town when I heard a noise of a projectile. I dodged to the side as an object came close to hitting me, instead lodging into the ground near where I was standing. I walked over and looked at the object, It was a purple crystal, I picked it up and examined it. [Latium], a rare crystal used in jewelry and charms. It's very shiny and so I decided to take it with me, after all, why shouldn't I keep something so valuable? suddenly I heard a voice in my head as a message appeared in front of me "hehehee, there is nothing wrong with a little greed " [Sin Series: Greed] unlocked. I looked at the message for a little until it disappeared. I sighed an put the crystal into my pocket before starting to walk to town. While I walked I got an idea of what I could do with the crystal. I wanted to see is some of the basic skills from my previous world would work normally in this world, and I had a skill called [Master Crafts]. It was a high leveled basic skill that allowed me to make any jewelry I wanted as long as I had materials to make it. I searched through my inventory for a good metal to use for making jewelry until I found something that I might be able to use, a golden coin used as currency from my last world. Since the money in this world was different than my last, I wouldn't be able to use any money from my last world. Golden coins were a common coin from my last world due to the abundance of the metal, however gold is a rare material in this world making it perfect for jewelry. I took out the coin and pulled the crystal out of my pocket, activating the skill on the 2 materials. Soon, the crystal and coin were gone, replaced by 3 items. a golden ring that had small cuts of the crystal embedded around the center, a golden necklace with a small sphere of the crystal held to the chains by a birds claw, and a golden bracelet bracelet with 3 diamond shape cuts of the crystal on it along with a lining made out of the crystal. I picked up the items and examined them carefully. The bracelet was a magic conduit, by moving mana into the bracelet you could store mana for later as well as cast spells using the reserve. The necklace was a speed charm, if you focus mana into the charm you could temporarily increase your speed or use a skill called [Quick Step]. [Quick Step] is a short ranged teleportation skill that moves you and anything attached to you a small distance depending on the amount of mana used for it. Finally the ring, it was different from the other 2 items because it had a name, [Cursed One's Ring]. The ring allowed the wearer to use skills from the [Sin Series] and the [Curse Series] without the negative drawbacks that may come. It was only useful for people that had any skills from those series. I slowly put the ring on my finger and felt like a tension had been released from my body. I sighed and put the other 2 items in my pocket, walking to the town quickly. 

When I got to the town I headed to the Inn that the party was staying at, when I got there I saw Filo, Raphtalia, and Rifana covered in dirt and scratches. Naofumi seemed to be holding a box with a small tool in it, probably a gift given to him by Raphtalia and Filo. Rifana walked up to me pouting "where were you! you've been gone since yesterday afternoon!" I stared at her "sorry, I lost track of time while I went out hunting. . . why are you covered in dirt?" She sighs and whispers to me "I went out searching for you, but I saw Filo and Raphtalia going somewhere and I followed them. They were trying to get something from some bird monster but ended up fighting some boar monster. I helped them kill it but I got a little scratched up from the fight" I nodded and pat her head "It's good that you helped them. but you should definitely go wash off at the hot springs." Rifana pouted "You are dirty too, you should wash off as well" I nodded "I had already planned on it, but you better not get any ideas and try to peep on me" Rifana blushed "I wouldn't want to!" I chuckled and pat her head. "I'm gonna go off now." I left the room and headed to the hot springs to go wash off. When I got there I moved the items in my pockets and my clothes into my inventory, putting a towel around my waist as I got into the water. I moved over to a far side of the water and sat down, staring to scrub the dirt off myself as I relaxed. After I finished washing myself off I just sat and relaxed, staring up at the sky. 

Suddenly, I got tackled and hugged from behind, pushing me under the water. I sat up quickly and tried to look at who did it, then I heard 2 familiar voices getting close, Rifana and Raphtalia "Filo, you cant just run off like that, what if someone saw you" "Naofumi-sama would get upset if ran off like that" The person holding onto me spoke, it was definitely Filo "But I was just coming over to Y/n" I sighed "and you nearly drowned me" I heard Rifana let out a strange noise "Y/n! Why are you here!?" I sighed "I said before that I was going to the hot springs to wash off a bit. This happens to be the closest one to the male's changing room." Raphtalia responded "oh" I sighed again "Filo, can you let go of me now?" Filo let go of me slowly and I sighed, sitting down again and looking away from Filo. I felt the water move around next to me, so Filo probably sat next to me.  She hugged onto my arm and giggled "Rifana-nii is so mean, she wants to keep you to herself and doesn't let me play with you" I look at towards her and sighed, patting her head. "it's okay, you should be more nice towards each other and stop fighting. It makes me sad to see you guys arguing against each other." Filo looked down and nodded "okay...." I started petting her "I care about both of you, so stop using me for your tug of war games. Now, you need to go back with Rifana and Raphtalia. It's bad for a girl to be in the same bath as a male if they aren't your special someone." Filo looked at me "But you are special to me" "I don't think you quiet understand......I guess in simple terms for a monster, it would be called mate." Filo stares at me "What if I want you to be my mate?" I blushed slightly and sighed "you will have to wait till you are older. and you would need my permission as well." Filo nodded slowly and got out of the water, going over to Raphtalia and Rifana. I didn't look over at them to respect their privacy. I heard them leaving and let out a sigh. Once I was sure they were far enough away, I got out of the water and headed back to the changing room. I dried off quickly and took my clothes back out from my inventory. After getting dressed, I put the jewelry back into my pocket, looking at the ring on my finger. I wouldn't notice it was there if I didn't look at it, like it belonged on my hand. I frowned and looked at it's status again. [Cursed One's Ring] Negates the negative effects of skills from [Sin series] and [Curse series]. It's affects were practically made to help me, but how? I didn't have control of it's enchantments.