Run

Silas has never run so fast in all his life and right beside him was Soren, keeping pace step for step as they headed back in the direction they had come.

They'd just lost the trail, yet again, when the word came from Apollo via the pack mind link that the school group that had gone to the Fey Circle had been attacked on their way home.

Silas had felt as if his entire body had gone ice cold and a bit numb. He'd said maybe five words to Oliver and Soren, explaining what was happening and then he'd burst out of his skin, into his wolf form and had begun tearing through the forest, heading straight for the place where Atlas said they'd been attacked.

They'd left Oliver far behind within the first mile.

Silas hadn't really expected Soren to be able to keep up with him, but the other wolf had done just fine matching him step for step. He didn't exactly make it look easy, but he didn't make it look difficult either.

"We're going to find her Alpha. And we'll get her back." He heard Soren's voice, reassuring in his mind, but he didn't bother responding. Every ounce of energy in his body was focused on his head long flight through the forest.

"Come back to the village." This was the unmistakable voice of Auntie Grey invading his thoughts, and her words weren't a request. They were a command.

"I need to find her. I can track her from the place they took her." He knew how the words came across, roaring through his mind, but he was too frantic to care.

"No Silas. You can't. They aren't trackable. Our best trackers are already there. There's no trail at all. These are witches. They only leave any sort of trail when they mean to."

The words sunk into Silas' mind. "They only leave any sort of trail when they mean to." Had he been on a wild goose chase all day long? Had the trackers only been able to pick up the scent because whoever left it knew, or at least guessed, that he would personally go out and attempt to track down whoever had taken his men, and then they'd have a better chance of kidnapping his mate. And he had very little doubt in his mind about who had done it. Lilia Lemp.

"The children and Lottie and Miss Dorian and Apollo are all back here. Along with a Fey."

"A what?" If he hadn't been hurtling through the forest at such a high speed he likely would have found himself frozen in place. He couldn't believe the words that he had "heard" in his mind.

"A Fey. She was shot with an arrow, but I've removed it and stitched her up and she's doing quite well. Although she's extremely upset. She says she was here to make a deal with Dahlia and only Dahlia. And now it seems she only wants to speak with you. Although don't expect to be anywhere near as special as your Luna. It seems that they bonded in the ten minutes they knew each other."

"So a Fey appeared and ten minutes later Dahlia was taken?" Silas probably would have shifted if he hadn't already been in his wolf form. His mind was in an extremely suspicious state, casting about for enemies everywhere.

"I think that this plan was likely set in motion long before anyone in our world knew that that little Fey was going to be passing through the veil and stepping into our world. If they'd known I think they probably would have brought her along too when they kidnapped Dahlia. Hell, I'm still surprised that they didn't. It would make more sense than taking what they took."

"My mate." Rage coursed through Silas' body at the thought. " I'll be home as soon as I can." He slammed the mind link closed, letting his mind's natural occurring barriers slam back into place. He needed to think.

Dani was missing, taken by someone who left no trace or scent behind.

It had to be her sister. The woman who had threatened her life the last time he had spoken to her.