Chapter 30 Jackson

Começar do início

After a couple of seconds, I pull my lips away. "Jackson," her voice coos me. My thumb unconsciously runs against her bottom lip. Nadia's eyes close in response, enjoying my touch.

"Nadia," my husky voice growls. I'm hungry for more, but for now, I need to control myself. I remove my hands from her face and she unwraps her arms from my neck. I suddenly feel colder. "I'm bad for you," I sigh. We don't belong together.

"I don't care," she breathes with a ghost of a smile on her pink lips. I want to rip my hair out. The shit she does to me.

"You should," I growl, turning away from her. I can't feel these feelings for her. It won't end well for her.

"You know, ever since I was little this was my favorite place. I can't feel anger or resentment here," Blondie says pulling me out of my dark thoughts. I turn back to face her. Her dirty blonde hair cascades down her back as she sits, look down into the abyss. "Do you have a place like that?" She asks me.

"No, a place like that doesn't exist in a world like mine." The wind blows through the trees. I want one. Maybe I'm just not lucky enough to have a place like that.

"Everyone has a special place, I guess you haven't found yours yet," Blondie smiles at me. I shrug, walking to sit by her.

"When I was younger, I was completely different than how I am now. I had a bright future and I was completely animated," I sigh, feeling completely exposed.

"What happened?" She asks. I gulp nervously. I don't want to tell anyone. Nobody knows here. Why would I ruin that?

"Life's a bitch," I say, shying away from the actual answer.

"You still have a bright future," Blondie says giving me her toothy smile. At least someone is hopeful about my future.

"Thanks, Blondie." I sigh, popping a cigarette into my mouth. A moment of silence passes.

"Guys scare me, men scare me. But for some reason, you don't," Blondie says hugging her knees. Men used to scare me too. The world is a dark place I wish I was told that.

"Are you going to come back to school?" Blondie asks with her tiny voice. I hum before shrugging. I haven't thought about going back to school. I didn't go to because I had to stay away from Blondie, but I don't know if that's possible anymore.

"When you were sleeping, what were you dreaming about?" I ask curiously. I constantly wonder what's going on in that head of hers.

"It wasn't a dream... it was a nightmare," Blondie says quietly and hugs her knees to her chest. "I was outside my mom's house. The house was on fire and I could hear her screaming. I ran inside and the flames burned me... it felt so real. When I got inside it wasn't my mom's house anymore... I was at the party last night. Nobody could hear me and my hands would float right through them. You could hear me and I could touch you... but you were so angry at me," Blondie gulps anxiously.

"I'm sorry," I blurt out, surprising myself and Blondie. "What else happened," I say changing the subject.

"I tried to apologize, but then you couldn't hear me anymore. And my hands went right through you as if you were a ghost." I grab Blondie's pointer finger and stick it to my cheek.

Her tiny finger pokes my porcelain face. "Nope, not a ghost," I joke and she breaks into laughter. Her smile alone causes me to grin, showing her my pearly teeth.

"Definitely not," she giggles, scanning me up and down.

After Blondie calms down, I break the silence. "Do you get nightmares a lot?" I ask.

"Yes, every night." I frown at her answer. How does she get any sleep? "Do you get any?" She asks.

"All the time when I was younger. Now I get them off and on. When I sleep alone it feels like there are bricks on my chest." I get anxious when I sleep alone. I don't need protection from the monsters on the night, though my mind does. I'm more comfortable with someone by my side. When I was found, I slept in my parent's room until I realized I needed to protect Charlie. So I ditched my parents and slept in Charlie's room.

"How did you get them to stop?" Blondie furrows her brows at me.

"I figured that the monsters are more afraid of me. I'm not a child anymore. My mind doesn't allow me to be scared anymore." I explain to Blondie, who's staring at me with diligent blue eyes. "Oh and drugs," I say and she swats at my arm. I chuckle at her and catch her hand before it can slap me again.

"I need serious ideas!" Blondie laughs, trying to punch me with her other hand. I clutch her tiny fist before it can make contact.

"I told you how I don't get them anymore. Maybe you should drink warm milk before going to bed, or maybe you need a damn nightlight," I chuckle, gripping her wrists tighter so she can't escape and hit me again.

Her hands wiggle in mine, but I don't let go. She does the thing I didn't expect her to do. Her lips attack mine. Her soft lips glide against mine. She tastes as good as she did the last time. I entwine one of our hands and my free hand wraps around her back, holding up her body that's hovering over mine.

The feeling that I feel is pure bliss...