Chapter 1: Home Sweet Home

Finally, I'm back home.

You bathe in the warm sunlight, taking in the sweet scent of cherry blossoms. Oh, how much you've missed those.

"Hurry up (Y/N)! We don't want to miss our cab!"

"Aw alright," you sighed. You wanted to sit and enjoy the beautiful, outside scenery of Japan a little longer before being crammed inside a car for a long two hour drive. You felt a familiar touch on your shoulder.

"Are you nervous going back?"

"Of course I am, ya doof!"

He gave you a quick little peck on your nose. Your cheeks turned a light shade of pink at the tickling sensation left by his lips. He wrapped his muscular arms around your waist and let you rest your head on his chest. You felt safe in the arms of your loving boyfriend, Finn. He was full American and had agreed to get an apartment in Japan so he could live near you.

"Let's go," he whispered into your ear softly.

~
(After the long car ride)
~

You step out of the yellow and black checkered cab a little hesitantly.

What if she doesn't remember me? What if she hates me for leaving her to study in America for five years?

Different scenarios ran through your head like a movie.

Don't be silly (Y/N). Of course she will know who I am. I was her best friend after all.

You were still feeling a little uncertain as you walked up the old staircase leading to a little apartment building. Deja vu was hitting you like a brick. You remembered how you and Haruhi used to play dolls on these stairs as children. You chuckled at those fun memories.

"Whatcha laughing at over there?" Finn asked with a little smile on his lips. "Oh nothing. Just remembering good times," you reply, getting to the top of the staircase. You walk up to your best friend's apartment door.

Everything's going to be alright.

Finn interlocks his fingers with yours and it gives you reassurement. You take a deep breath an knock on the door with shaky hands.

Here we go...

(Narrator's POV)

A woman with a yellow sundress and too much makeup opens the door. It doesn't take long for her face to show surprise on it.

(Your POV)

"Mr. Fujioka!" You exclaim.

"MRS. Fujioka to you, missy. Anyways, is that you, (Y/N)?"

"Yup! It is!" You say cheerfully, hugging him. You introduce him to Finn who is looking more confused than ever.

Oh crap! I forgot to tell Finn that Haruhi's father is a cross dresser.

"I'll explain later," you whisper in Finns ear. He nods in head in agreement.

"Where's Haruhi?"

"Shes inside. Come on in and I'll go get her."

You and Finn walk in the small apartment still holding hands. Your heart starts beating faster and faster at the thought of finally seeing her again.

You see Haruhi run around the corner at lightning speed.
"(Y/N)! It really is you! I missed you so much!" She says as she hugs you tightly. You squeeze her back. Fighting back tears of joy, you notice something different about her.

"Your hair.... It's all gone!"

"Oh yeah! I cut it because some kid stuck bubble gum in it."

You laugh at her carelessness. The same old Haruhi. Her eyes wander over to Finn who was watching the whole ordeal take place uncomfortably.

"And this is..."

"Oh! This is Finn. I met him in America and we've been dating for about 3 months now," you say as you kiss him on the cheek.

"Do you have anybody special I need to know about?"

Her face turned a bright safe of red at my tease.

Geeze I was only kidding...

"Introduce me to all of your new friends you made in highschool tomorrow," you demand, unable to control your smile.

"Trust me, you don't want to know them," Haruhi mumbles, almost inaudible.

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing!"

Did she just say that I shouldn't want to meet them? Now I'm curious. Hmm...

A/N: Trust me, the Host club members are coming soon! (Maybe next chapter *wink wink*) so don't quit on me yet! Leave some feedback in the comments! The next chapter will be out quickly!