"Hold my jacket then." Riley threw his hoodie at me, causing me to suck my teeth.

"You really playing?"

"Yeah, why you not?"

"Cause I don't know these people...."

"So? It's basketball. Besides, this is our dad's family."

"Riley, there ain't no way in hell that's our dad!"

"...I don't know, he kind of looks like you Ray-"

"Shut that shit up. He may be your dad, but he damn sure ain't mine."

I couldn't believe him right now. He's supposed to be on my side. How could he change his mind over night like that?

"Aye, Riley! C'mon let's go!" Speak of the devil...

"I'm gone loser." He mushed my head, and I tried to hit him back but he ran away before I could. Sometimes I really hate him.

I took his lousy jacket and sat on the bench, and watched as they jumped ball. Uncle Myles caught it first and tried to dribble around Patchy the Pirate. Soon enough, he passed the ball and the game really began. Every time Uncle Myles scored, so did the one eyed freak. Things were getting so intense and heated, a crowed formed. I also noticed there were a lot of girls out here, and I didn't hesitate to catch a majority of their attention. I was about to make my way over to this light skin girl and say something, but the mood was quickly annihilated.

"Rayan, why aren't you playing?!"

Fuck. I could've gotten a name and number but here she come. I thought all the women went shopping!

"Oh my goodness, look at your brother!"

She walked up to me and pulled me into her chest. I was uncomfortable for the longest, not to mention embarrassed as the same light skin girl and he friends laughed at me. Kill me now.

"Mom, I can't breathe!"

"Oh, I'm sorry baby."

I brushed her off me and retook my seat. I decided to just sit back and listen to my music, that way I can tune out my mother's screaming and cheering. Apparently, after all the women finished shopping, they decided to come and watch the basketball game. So I had to sit in the midst of older women chanting and raving and shit like that. I would much rather be at Keith's house, hitting that loud pack than to be here.

"That's my baby! Take it to the house, Riley!!"

Oh my gawd....

✠Ray's POV✠

I just walked out the shower. The fog from the hot water created a mist on the mirror. I wiped it away, looking at my reflection. I quickly turned on the water at the sink to brush my teeth, one hand on the toothbrush and the other on my towel.

After I was sure I was fresh, and no one was out in the hallway, I made my way back to my old room. Even though it was being occupied by my cousins, I still had some clothes in here deep in the closet. I quickly got dressed just in case somebody decided to come upstairs and walk in on me; nobody would be in for a rude awakening. When I was done I trotted back down to where my mom chose to have us all watch a movie together: well, the adults. Everybody under the legal drinking age was sentenced down into her basement. I didn't have a problem with it, but I know one person who did.

"But I don't wanna go down there with all them fu-freaking kids."

"I don't care what you wanna do. This isn't your house, and if your grandmother wants you to go downstairs, then do it. And without cursing, I told you about that!" Max had a harsh gaze on our eldest. He looked like he'd rather be anywhere but here. I felt bad, until he switched his vision from his mother, to me. Of course, there wasn't a smile or any positive formal greeting headed my way either; instead it was quite the opposite. He sped off down into the basement, mumbling under his breath. I wasn't sure what to do, except try and calm Max down.