58 | The One With The Break

Start from the beginning

* * * * * 

"Savithri, put more devilled eggs." He tells the maid as he stands behind her in the buffet line. He was holding an empty plate in his hands.

"But sir, I have already put 3 on the-" Madhav snatches the plate from her and puts two more devilled eggs on the plate. He gives her the empty plate. "Put some of those fried noodles on one side and fill it with the fish curry, some chicken 65, a bit of that ladies finger kurma and plenty of paneer."

"Sir, what about this cauliflower bhaji?" Savithri asks.

"No. Madhu hates cauliflower bhaji. Put some more fish kurma, Savithri!" He says as he keeps a few chicken tandoori fries and fried cuttlefish with the devilled eggs.

"Sir, do you think, Madhu miss can eat all this?" Savithri asks concerned as she looks at the plate on her hand and his hand. 

"If I don't send her enough, I'll lose my peace of mind." Madhav says as he keeps some vegetable pakkoras and a little bowl of corn soup. "Plus, she's my daughter. She has my appetite. Thankfully she isn't a picky eater like her mother.  Shree doesn't eat fish, or mutton or crab or even prawns. Can you believe it Savithri?"

"Even if you cook all of it for her?" Savithri asks turning to him.

"Yes!" Madhav says. "Unbelievable, right? She doesn't eat all the good stuff but goes crazy when she sees chaat and pani puri and all those weird street food. I will give you 1000 rupees if you can see her feasting on those chaat from that pani puri booth by the fountain. 500 more if she asks for more chaat."

Savithri quickly turns and sees Shree with Ahaana and Anu. Shree licks her fingers laughing and asks for another plate of chaat.

"You owe me 1500 sir." She says smiling. 

"I'll make sure it's included in your salary." Madhav says and keeps the plate on the table. "Okay, I think we have enough food on the plate. Take both the plates to Madhu's room. I'll be right back."

Madhav walks up to Shree.

"Oi, wife!" He says cheerfully and wraps a hand around her waist. He places a kiss on her cheek and Shree smiles.

"Want some?" Shree asks bring her plate close to Madhav's face. He shakes his head. "Bhai'saab  I want one more-" 

"No, that's it!" Madhav says. 

"No more plates for us, my wife has had enough chaat for one night." Madhav says.

"Can I atleast get a kulfi, please?" She asks. 

"Okay! Just one!"

For the next few minutes Madhav enjoys watching Shree eat it. She licks the kulfi and starts sucking on it, with her eyes fixated on him. 

"I can see that you are implying something, chellam." He whispers as he wipes the corner of her mouth.

Shree takes the kulfi into her mouth and takes it out. Repeating it faster. 

Madhav shrugs.

"How the fuck did you ever father a child!" Shree teases.

"Oh so, that was what you meant!" Madhav laughs in surprise.

"You weeny virgin boy!" Shree says with a smile.  "Let's go to our room before I rip your shirt off this - this incredible body! Take me to your room and eat me like a fucking dessert."

"Yes, my queen!"

* * * * *