He glanced over and saw a woman in a riding cart looking unimpressed.

"What?" He challenged, raising an eyebrow, and she shook her head.

"Seriously? You're an adult, why are you buying so much candy? It's not even Halloween." She jabbed, and Mitch glared at her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. But last I checked, I didn't ask for your opinion. Besides, you have legs, why are you in a riding cart? Too lazy to walk like the rest of us?"

"How dare you! I'll have you know that I've recently had an operation on my knee, and my doctor told me to stay off it as much as possible for the rest of the month!"

"And I'll have you know that I didn't ask for your life story. Now fuck off, I'm trying to see which bags I should buy."

"Excuse you, but I'm friends with the manager and he can ban you from ever shopping here again!"

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry..."

"Yeah, that's what I-"

"For him. I mean, how could he possibly put up with such a cunt like you? Unless, of course, you're lying, which would make a lot more sense."

The woman glared at him and started to stand up, probably ready to hit him.

"What happened to your knee surgery?" Mitch reminded her. "Or was that a lie too?"

She seemed to catch herself and sat back down. Feeling satisfied with himself, Mitch turned back to the candy, only to drop everything he was holding and cry out in pain.

"OW! WHAT THE FUCK?!"

The woman had used her riding cart to run over his foot.

"Oops, that was an accident." She said, not even trying to hide the fact that her apology was fake.

The pain quickly vanished as Mitch felt anger rise in his body and he turned towards her.

"Okay, that's it!-"

"Mitch! There you are!" Kevin's voice called out, making him turn his head. Kevin had turned the corner, his cart full of groceries, and ran over to Mitch and the woman. "We've been looking everywhere for you! Come on, we're about to leave."

"Do you know him?" The woman asked Kevin. Without waiting for a response, she continued. "He has been nothing but rude to me and even tried to kick me off my cart, but I moved it and he hurt his foot. You should really have a talk with him about manners."

"OH YOU LYING LITTLE-"

"Mitch!" Kevin shouted, cutting him off. "Come on, we have to go."

Mitch fumed as he shot daggers in Kevin's direction.

"WHY?!"

"Because I'm sure you don't want security to get called. They might notice you look a little familiar." He cautioned, subtly reminding Mitch that he was still wanted by the police.

Realizing what he meant, Mitch huffed and shot the lady one final death glare before storming off towards the checkout, leaving the bags of candy behind. As he watched him go, Kevin noticed the woman looked quite proud of herself and quickly squashed her victory.

"Just so you know, there are a ton of cameras everywhere and I have no doubt that they caught the interaction between you two." He told her absentmindedly. "If what you said is true then I'll be sure to have a talk with my friend. But if it turns out you're lying and actually attacked him, then I would have no problem contacting my lawyer cousin so she can make sure you pay for any future medical bills he might have regarding his foot."