The Summer of '62 (edited)

Y/N POV

I think everyone knows about what happened during the summer of '62. No one knows the true story behind the beast except the boys who play at that field and me. To be honest, most people don't even know where the sandlot is located, but everyone knows that it's not their turf, so stay off.  I of course know where it is, so do my friends and obviously the 9 boys who play there. I don't play there nor do I like the boys that play there.

I have to admit, I'm not very social. But I do have a certain relationship with those 9 blockheads.  I would say it's a love/hate relationship, but it's mostly hate. So that doesn't quite work.  They like to tease me a lot and my friends don't particularly like them either. 

But that's not really the point. If you don't know what happened during the summer of '62 here's a little recap. Benny Rodriguez better known as Benny 'the jet' Rodriguez, and his team accidently hit a ball over the fence that led into a huge dog's backyard. That doesn't sound so bad except that, the ball was signed by Babe Ruth. Babe Ruth!?! Can you believe it? How could they be so stupid. Anyway, they were absolutely terrified of this 'beast' and tried a bunch of different contraptions and still couldn't get it back. So Benny jumped over this fence into the dog's area and got the ball, but the dog- sorry 'beast' chased him around the neighborhood, Benny  finally out ran the dog. So he got the nickname 'the jet' and the 'beast' turned out to be a dog named Hercules. 

I think the whole thing was way too dramatic, but that's just my opinion. Anyway, it's the end of the summer of 1963 and the last couple weeks before 8th grade. Unfortunately for me, I have classes with half of the sandlot boys. 

A/N: Helloooo :) thank you for reading my story! There will be some swearing, just an FYI. This is going to be the shortest chapter, I swear. I just wanted you to get a little idea of how Y/N views the sandlot boys. Just to specify... Y/N: 8th grade Benny: 8th grade Ham: 8th grade Kenny: 8th grade Bertram: 8th grade Yeah-Yeah: 7th grade Timmy: 7th grade Tommy: 4th grade Smalls: 6th grade Squints: 6th grade

Also.... Y/N= your name Y/H/C= your hair color Y/E/C= your eye color Y/N/N= your nickname Y/L/N= your last name I wanted to do this so the character's physical traits can be more personal :) I know not everything will be perfect with you personally but I hope this makes it a little more you!

Everything else about the character can be learned throughout the story. If you have anymore questions, just ask :]