27. "Third times a charm"

Start from the beginning

She was effortlessly beautiful without trying

She was effortlessly beautiful without trying. According to her, she hates smiling when there's no reason to, but I don't see why. Her smile could make me do anything. What the fuck am I saying?

I set my camera down and thumbed through my phone. Courtney must've called and texted me like ten times, and I didn't have time for that.

I texted my mom and Charlie before Cassie cracked the door opened and whined. "So, Gael? I didn't know we were staying anywhere and I don't have clothes. Please tell me you have another shirt."

"So, this is the second shirt of mine that you have. My point exactly." I laughed, pushing myself off the chair and dug in my bag. I grabbed my only white t-shirt and stuck it in Cassie's hand that was outside of the door.

She gasped. "Oh, my God. You still have my bracelet? Do you?"

"No, I lost it the day you gave it to me." I lied to get her started.

I could tell she was looking at me crazy, but I couldn't see. "No, you didn't? I told you that my Uncl—"

I cut her off. "It's in my apartment."

"I hate you." She slammed the door clothes to get dressed.

Five minutes later, she opened the door to a room as steam traveled to the bedroom. My t-shirt dangled against her thighs and her wavy wet hair dampened the front of the shirt. She had a towel hanging off her arm as she walked to the right side of the bed with her hands on her boobs.

She doesn't make this shit easy at all. I don't even want the shirt back.

"What are you doing? I asked, curious as to why she walked out of the bathroom, holding herself.

"You could see my nipples through your shirt." I stood up, grabbing the boxers I threw on the bed. Time for that shower.

~~

"About time, Gael Fletcher." She playfully joked, which was nice to see. "I was starting to think you drowned or something."

I towel dried my hair as she averted her eyes away from me, seeing I was in my boxers. I mean, I didn't pack shorts, and she took my shirt. "I take long showers, Cassandra Steele."

Cassie froze in place, losing the smile on her face. Her shoulders dropped as she blinked in my direction. Her entire mood just did a 180, and I have no clue why. "Don't...call me that." She said with apparent anger in her voice, almost like a yell.

What the fuck just happened?

With her eyebrows furiously narrowed, she flipped over and cut the light out on her side of the bed. "What the hell did I do now?" I deeply sighed, clenching my jaw.

She ignored me.

"If I offended you somehow, I apologize. I didn't know." I threw the towel on the table, grabbed my charger, and plugged my phone in.