11 - DIRTY CITY

"My name is Windy." Windy stood confidently in front of Gennery and eyed the detective. "Are you from Precinct Nine?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

"I don't think I want to talk to a cop from that precinct."

Gennery laughed. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"You know damn well Jimmy had nothing to do with the missing women."

"The captain thinks otherwise. Says there is proof."

"Jimmy has never been to the city before this trip."

"Yeah, says you."

"Okay, you want to go down with your captain, that is your choice."

"Wait wait wait. What the hell are you talking about? Going down with the captain? What does that mean?"

"Chambered is as crooked as a politician."

"How the hell would you know that?"

"I...I have my ways."

"Yeah, now who's talking bullshit?"

"You want a pissing contest?"

"Yeah right. What could you possibly have?"

"Enough to take down most of Precinct Nine."

"Bull...shit! Nothing wrong with the Nine. That's it. This conversation is over!"

"So you are on that side."

"What side? Watch your step. You are so close to stepping over the line."

"Are you serious? You mean to say that corruption is all around you and you know nothing about it? Why don't you tell me about Brainless Billy and his friend."

"What about Billy and Lawrence?"

"Killer's name is Lawrence?" Alex laughed. "Really? His name is Larry?"

"What about them?"

"They were the ones that took Jimmy's girlfriend!" Windy proved to be more impatient as the minutes passed. "God, you are thick!"

"Wait a minute! Back the train up. Killer and Billy are those two guys?"

Windy got into Gennery's face. "So how far did you get looking for Lana?" 

"Nowhere. We just thought he was delusional about his girlfriend to take the attention away from the prostitute he was found with. We did nothing wrong!"

"Fuck me. You did nothing?" Windy took off away from Gennery. "She could be dead by now or in another country!"

"Wait a minute!" Gennery tried to catch up to Windy but she was down two flights of stairs before he even opened the door to the stairs. "Shit."

He turned around and pointed to Alex. "Beaufort, do not move a muscle!"

"I'm not going anywhere, Detective."

"Where did she go?"

"To look for his girlfriend."

"Isn't she, his girlfriend?"

"His ex-girlfriend."

"His ex? Why would an ex look for his girlfriend?"

"Because you won't."

"We thought he was delusional."

"Lana is real and if Jimmy is right, she is in trouble."

"Then I better get down to the precinct and question Brainless Billy and Lawrence."