Jaeha feels his entire body still as he anticipates whatever Dasom is about to say. He knows all of it but every time they talk about this secret, his heart feels like it is about to break with all the overwhelming remorse. The secret he thought he will be able to hide for the rest of his life and Haru's, thinking it could be the best for everyone. But he has cluelessly forgotten the fact that Haru is growing up and, sooner or later, she will find out on herself and that will surely break her even more.

Maybe it is true, all this while, all they have done is hurt her.

"Do you want to tell her?", he asked. "Do you want to?"

"Do you think I have any other choice?", she bitterly laughed at herself, shaking her head in disbelief. "I neglected Haru for years. What was I thinking? I provided her with all the money but...did I give her the affection of a mother? Did I? I just—I don't want to hurt her more—I am tired of knowing that she is hurting inside"

The sadness in Dasom's voice pierces right through his heart, breaking the little patches that has been broken before. True they have everything, money, power and a lavish life. But one thing they do not have is the bravery to do that one thing they should have done many years ago.

"Dasom, I am...I don't want to hurt her again...", he sighs heavily. "I barely know her anymore. I do not even know how she is going to react to this"

"She is going to get hurt. And she is going to despise—as if she has not already. But, she deserves to know about this. We have been keeping this from her for years.... don't you think it is time?"

-

Jiwoo watches her mother keeps on adding more and more side dishes into the two men's plates. When they arrived a few minutes ago, her mother was over the clouds. Eagerly she invited the two guests to the dining hall, asking them to make themselves at home while she instructs the middle-aged helper to finally bring the freshly cooked dishes to the table.

And now, thirty minutes into the dinner, the two men certainly passed her vibe check that all she does is talk to them, completely forgetting her and Haru. 

"Do you think....", Haru leans closer to her. "we are invisible?"

"I can bet we are not even here", Jiwoo replies in a whisper. "If we leave the table, I can bet my mom will not even realize"

Taehyung whom has been listening to Madam Bae's and Namjoon's conversation suddenly turns to the front, spotting Haru looking at him. He raised an eyebrow, silently questioning her for looking at him like that. But then, she gives her the same look before looking away, resuming her meal and leaving him dumbfounded.

Taehyung didn't look away for a few seconds but then he had to when Madam Bae suddenly calls his name. Haru and Jiwoo look up, watching as she wholeheartedly and genuinely wants to make the two men feel so at home. Endless words of gratitude flow out of her mouth, thanking them for being such a great help that very night. She even requested Taehyung to allow her to return the favour anytime soon.

"So your major was Art?", Madam Bae asked Namjoon, looking very much fascinated. "I don't think I have gotten the chance to ask you this before, but, oh my, you took art during college?"

"I did", he replies shyly, dimples showing. "But things took a turn when I finally graduated"

 "But things took a turn when I finally graduated"