Three

The man runs out with you from the hospital, worriedly looking at your suffering face that burns in fever. He hides behind the ruins of a family home, forcing the strange fruit into your mouth.

-Eat it damn kid or you'll die here! -he whispers to you and you swallow some of the bad-tasting thing, bursting out in tears. The man leans back, coughing. He's ill, just like you.

He picks you up and hides you in his enormous coat.

You almost start screaming when you suddenly feel his anxiety as clear as it would be yours, but you shut your mouth when you sense one more weak emotion hidden behind the fear.

Hope.

You hold onto the shirt of the man, trying to stay quiet despite the pain.

He says that it'll end soon and knocks out a soldier of another country, who's running around the city in protective clothing, slaughtering the people of your home like they were animals.

Everything is covered with blood, flames, and corpses.

The smell of burned flesh almost makes you vomit.

It's too much.

The man steals the soldier's uniform and hides you in the backpack.

(...)

You see a stranger dressed as a doctor, recoiling as he sees you. The man who took you here died five meters far from the hospital. Just five meters.

He said that here they can save you. That you can have a chance to live. You felt everything he did, while the life left his body. He believed in your survival.

(...)

And even from this distance, you can feel the endless suffering, pain, and sorrow coming from the city that was once your home.

You wake up from your sleep covered in a thin layer of sweat, and blood where you sank your nails into your palm.

Every time you dream about your past, you clench your fists subconsciously.

You try to calm down as fast as you can and regulate your breathing, but it doesn't help when you notice the grating and the place where you are.

The bedroom of the cruelest man you've ever known.

But the most shocking thing is that you see Doflamingo struggling on his huge bed and waking up in the same state as you.

No. Not this.

What can cause him nightmares?!

I'm too under the effect of my dream to deal with this situation.

You silently move back to the corner of the cage and hope that he won't notice you.

It's part of the blonde man's room but separated by a metal lattice. Just enough place to sleep and for a little bathroom that opens from it.

Not his first time to keep someone like this.

You hug your legs and try to be invisible.

Will he hurt me?

If I show fear, it'll only be worse.

Doflamingo calms down his breath slowly and picks up a bottle of wine from the nightstand, drinking half of it. He growls something to himself.

You watch his wide chest moving up and down to a racing rhythm. A drop of sweat travels down the tanned skin of his neck.

Your heart misses a beat when you realize that you take and blow out air in the same seconds as him, in perfect synch.