Thirty-four

But his smile fades as he looks around again. He doesn't have memories about most of the time since he picked you up.

-Neee, Doffy! Nee, neeee, stay calm! -shouts Trebol as the Shichibukai's face darkens in anger when he notices the chains.

-What is going on?! -he yells and you shiver.

-Just a few seconds, behehe. -laughs Trebol, turning to the others. -How do we check it?

Diamante smirks and steps to you.

-It's easy.

He pulls out his sword and stabs through your chest without any warning.

You scream and Pica lets you go, so you fall on the ground, curling up.

You press your hand on the wound, but it is bleeding too heavily to stop.

Doffy.

It hurts.

You cough and push yourself up to look at him. Doflamingo is tilting his head slightly, smiling at the sight.

-Who is that woman? -he asks.

This is what you call "check", Diamante?

Even if you knew what you did, this breaks you down. You start screaming again. Your blood is slowly creating a little pool under you.

The beautiful dress Doffy asked you to wear for the celebration is turning red.

Diamante kicks your side and you land on your back, hopelessly pressing your wound. But you can't end the misery.

If I die here, all of your good side will die with me, Doffy.

I can't die.

I REFUSE TO DIE.

He is smiling as you suffer.

There is nothing left.

I'm sorry.

This is all my fault.

You close your eyes as Trebol starts to untie him.

-It's okay now Doffy, behehe! We will explain everything.

Don't lie to him.

You try to crawl closer but the wound in your chest is too painful.

If only... I can touch you.

A strong hand grabs your shoulder and pulls you up. Through the curtain of tears you recognize Gladius.

-I will take her to the prison. -he says and puts Seastone handcuffs on you.

Gladius...

I thought we are friends.

Doffy stands up after Trebol removes all his chains left. His eyes never leave your figure and you tremble under their weight.

-Wait. -he says.

What?

He walks to you and Gladius nods, stepping back.

You bite your lip hardly when you see Doffy crouching to you. He smirks and hits your wound with joy on his face, so you cough up blood again.

-Does it hurt? -he chuckles.

You are not him.

You look in Doflamingo's eyes. They are cold. You don't answer.

The Seastone... But probably without that they wouldn't let Doffy this close.