Two

He walks you down to the town and pays a man to put Sea Stone handcuffs on you. It has a special metal coating so it only takes effect on you, not on any Devil Fruit user who touches it from the outside.

Then he throws you on his back without a word and you grunt in displease at first before you realize something.

His body is warm.

Your arms are around his wide neck as you try to hold yourself up. You feel so small, disappearing in the ocean of pink feathers.

-Try not to annoy me if you don't want to get some Sea Stone in your mouth too, woman.

Sure.

.

.

.

Then, let's try to annoy you.

-I can drown you with the cuffs like this. -you growl and try to slide down to press the cuffs to his neck. He tsk-s but then laughs. His hand reaches back and you feel his nails running over your cheek, almost ripping your skin.

-You'll die if I let you fall, so just shut up and don't push my patience.

You want to answer, but Doflamingo jumps up to the air and starts flying.

WHAT THE HOLY -

And a second later, he begins falling. You scream and climb higher, now clenching to his upper body with your legs scaredly.

Doflamingo clearly enjoys his dominance in the situation.

He laughs and pulls himself up again. You try to calm down and spot a string in the moonlight.

Is he clinging to the clouds?

Then the fact hits you again.

His body is warm.

After all these years, maybe I had...?

Is he different from everyone else, or am I going crazy?

There must be a reason. Everything else remained cold, so maybe it's just a phenomenon for this night.

If I believe it, I'll get hurt when it disappears. Like sixteen years ago.

-Doflamingo. -you say, trying not to look down.

I have to drive my thoughts away.

-Hm?

-Your damn feathers are tickling my face.

-Get used to it. -he scoffs. He doesn't often meet someone complaining all the time, even to him.

Good to know I can still piss off anyone I wish.

As the two of you are flying, you try to move and find a more convenient position. You admit that the coat is fluffy and comfortable, but not for your face.

After like ten minutes you find a solution. You climb up and rest your chin over his huge shoulder.

His skin is surprisingly soft over the solid muscles.

You see his face from this angle, a glimpse of his eyes too. They're red and you just hope it's because of the light filtering through the lenses.

He smirks as you hold onto him scaredly.

-Dowly.

-That's not my fucking name.

-You won't be this cheeky for so long. I promise.