Thirty-two

Next morning
The day of the official joining

Behind the waterfall, there is a little cave where the two of you spent the night, lying on his pink coat.

He is curled around you now, his head is by your neck. His breath is tickling your skin a little.

You hug his head, stroking his soft hair rythmically to your heartbeat.

-So this is my last day as a non-criminal? -you murmur to his ear when he wakes up.

-You have a bounty of 200 million, Dowly. -he laughs, sitting up. He pulls you in his embrace. -But this is your first day as a pirate.

-I was with the Whitebeards for some time after the War.

-They just wanted to keep you around because you helped saving the Portgas kid. -Doffy huffs.

-And you? You just wanted to use my ability! You didn't even care about my name.

He laughs. -Because it wasn't important that time, fufufu.

-What did change then?

-I didn't expect you to accept me. -he smiles. -Nobody does. Maybe this is the real power of your Fruit. Understanding others.

-But will your men accept me too? I'm a bit scared about this day... I don't even know what to do.

-Don't worry. You are part of the Family from now on and we protect each other. You will never be alone again.

You crawl closer to his warm body and feel as he smiles against your skin.

-Time to go back, Dowly. -he whispers, tasting the sensitive skin behind your ear.

-This place is so comforting like this. -you protest, clinging to him.

-Like I care what you think. -he grumbles and looks at the waterfall.

-You do! -you growl. He takes a deep breath to let you know, you annoy the hell out of him again.

-Five minutes.

(...)

In the palace

Doffy is walking proudly by your side to the ballroom of the palace. You can't stop smiling since he looks so happy.

-You forced me into this special dress, yet all you did to yourself was to change to even more pink trousers. -you say, fighting with the long skirt.

-Because I am the most gorgeous around no matter what I wear. -Doffy chuckles and you grumble something, so he leans down to give you a little kiss.

-It's just for today, Dowly. This day is special.

-You act like it's a wedding or so!

-Do you want me to marry you? -he grins, stroking your face.

-No way. I won't spell the name Donquixote for the rest of my life. -you shake your head and he laughs.

He places his large palm on the wooden doors of the ballroom.

-If you overgo this doorstep, there won't be a way back, Dowly.

-I know. -you smile.

Law will definetely kill me one day for all this. Probably Kuzan too.

And Crocodile...

Well I think he would just kill Doffy, then himself. The simpler the better rule.

Doflamingo pulls back his hand and crouches opposite you to be closer to your face.

-I have to tell you something before you enter. -he whispers. You tilt your head a bit when you hear the change in his voice.