Part Sixteen

GULLEYS POV

I woke up, sitting as I yawned and stretched. I smiles at Hildas sleeping figure, then got out of bed. I walked up to her, jumped on her bed. She didn't wake up. I crawled towards her and shook her, still getting no reaction. I yelped in her ear: "Princess!"

Her eyes opened wide and her eyes looked over at me, her lips smiling. "Hello, gulley." She sat up and rubbed her ear. I giggled as she lifted me off of her and sat up, setting me back down on the bed.

HILDAS POV:

Oh what a sweet little boy, gulley was. I smiled, messing up his golden hair, then I put his cap atop his head. Brushing the hair from his left eye, I kissed his nose and got up to go check on the guards to see if anything was damaged from the storm. As I walked outside, the springlike air could be felt. I walk over to the nearest guard, and lightly tap his shoulder. He turns and smiles. "What can i do for you today, your Highness?" I smile and ask if anything was damaged. He replied with a shake of the head and continued whatever it was he was doing before. I nodded, walking back into the castle. Entering my room, it was....dark. The curtains were drawn, making the room very unsettling. "Gulley dear, where are you?" I said, my strong Lorulian voice shaking a little. No response. I repeat myself, still with not a sound. I turn on the lamp, and see a shadow in the courner of the room, my eyes widen and I gasp, as the light goes out, the glass of the lamp breaking. I back up as I hear muffled screams and the shadow disapears. I cover my mouth, feeling a tear run down my face, as I realize gulley......was gone.

SHADOW LINKS POV:

I walked along the stream, its splashing getting my feet wet. I just went along, remembering the bloody sword.....why was I such....a monster? My purple bangs covered my face as I hid under the trees, making sure that the suns rays didn't touch me. I just walked for a while, something was telling me.....that I wasn't alone.