Chapter 24: I want the past back

LINKS POV:

"So is she....okay?" I asked shadow, gazing over at the sleeping figure. The dark boy had woken me up at 4:57 this morning, telling me his princess was unstable and needed my care. What kinda care could I do? Ughh. My eyes burn.....waking up this early really sucks deku nuts.....
I didn't have a good bond with shadow...but he was really desparate....and I had saved this Princess AND her kingdom once, I'm suuuurrre I can do it again....especially when I'm half awake. Well, that's what shadow seemed to think. I fixed my drowsy crystal orbs towards the other sleeping Lorulian. Ughhh.....why shadow? Why?

HILDAS POV:

I sat up, looking around the room....I was seated in a two person bed, covered waist high in a goldish creme blanket. Something felt different. The air, maybe it be. Or the smell. The air in this new small environment was warm, lacking humidity, and smelled of freshly baked bread. Almost like my own small house I had owned centuries ago, before I was chosen this path as the leader of Lorule. If only Lolia hadn't made this huge mistake....things could have been just the way the had before. I shudder at the thought of my own past incarnation. Only if I could fix everything....only if.
I let out a small gasp, covering my mouth as a familiar face entered the room. I smiled and then grimaced. Where was I? This couldn't be.... He smiled warmly when he noticed my figure and I blushed. He was like my dear friend Ravio, but obtained much lighter and more.....heroic features. "Where am I, hero of Lo- Hyrule?" My heart sank. How could I have been so greedy as to almost call him my...my peoples hero instead of his own? He seemed to understand things weren't going very well, he walked towards my location and sat on the bottom edge of the bed. I only stared at him as he told me just where I happened to be. The light side of my destruction. One task I failed at so many times...but we had our own triforce now....why was my world still crumbling?
He tried to comfort me, he saw pain and sorrow in my rust eyes. "How did tho get here...? Thy words should be separated....." His eyes increased their size and he spoke. "W-well, your highness....I feel as if Ravio had felt an omen.....or something." His cheeks darkened only a light pink. I wondered why.
"Ravio?" My voice cracked. He nodded. "H-he's...here?" I pointed the ground, or in my case, the bedsheet.  He nodded again, his eyes averting down. I was heartbroken. He had left me....again? He knew Lorule was going to fall? And for what reason? He knew it all.....and yet hadn't warned me? I felt the tears from yesterday, and the day before that....the tears from all those days and weeks come back to my dimmed eyes. He didn't care about us....he only was a selfish rupee hoarder. They fell from my eyes, and I felt warm figures wrap around my arms and back, I cried, I didn't care. No one cared. It was pointless to lead anymore......the only one who has ever had any hope was her hero....no...he was my hero. He was the only one who cared..... I know it hurt him to see me cry, but he could fix everything. I knew it, and he was my only hope for a better grip on what is to come......he was the replacement for all I've lost.

LINKS POV:

I almost felt tears fall from my own face, but held them back. I embraced the dark Princess for I don't know.how long, then she pulled back, her eyes a lake, staring at me. I felt so sorry for her, she's been through a lot, I only stared back. Then I knew I.was dead when she did something completely insane. She......kissed me. I hated myself for kissing back. I knew it was wrong. But she needed my care. I looked at it as a kiss of friendship and nothing more, I had Ravio.

SHADOWS POV: (a few minutes earlier)

I sat on a wooden stool in silence, arms crossed. Link had just left the room to go check on Hilda, and Ravio was annoying as a dodongo. He wouldn't stop figeting and pulling on his stupid scarf he wears. I sighed and waited for the blonde to return.

RAVIOS POV:(present time)

That creepy kid was starting to scare me. He kept giving me the evil eye and I was completely terrified of what was to come next when Link went out of the room to go check on Hilda, I swore by some of the evil grins he was giving me I could tell he didn't like me much. And he had a darkened and stronger version of evils bane in his possession. After it had been a few minutes, I had gotten enough and went to go see how she was doing myself.
When I walked into our bedroom, I was just.....shocked. And my heart had felt if it had lost all of what was gained since I met Link. I let out a quiet screech and and ran back to the kitchen, where HE was waiting. I teared up, and walked to the bathroom, locking the wooden door behind me. This couldn't be happening.......

SHADOWS POV:

I watched as the annoying bunny boy finally left the room, obviously from fear. I smiled, and then frowned as only seconds after he had left the room had he come back. He looked heartbroken and I could see him on the verge of tears. I wondered what had happened in those few seconds that had caused this. He went down a hallway and I heard a door lock. Then Link came in, looking around for the bunny boy. What was happening?

LINKS POV:

Dammit dammit dammit dammit..... i knew Ravio had taken it wrong, he didn't even give me time to explain. I looked around for him and then noticed he was in the bathroom, the light was on. I felt so guilty, what had I done?

RAVIOS POV:

Why......had he done this to me? The last few months were the best months in my life, and now it felt as if none of it had really happened! Maybe I was misunderstanding things, had he not been the one who caused the horrible scene. Maybe it was her....she didn't have anyone to love, and she doesn't know I'm with him...oh gods. When she finds out...what will she think?

HILDA'S POV:

All I know is that when I opened my eyes, he was gone. Why had he left? I fiddled with my gloves nervously, did he not like me? He had kissed back.....did he already have someone? And Ravio, where was he?

SHADOWS POV:

"Hey hey hey! Link, calm your ass!" I tried pulling the boy away from the bathroom door, but he kept on pounding on it with tired fists. He finally gave in, falling back, knocking me over. He was now in my lap and I blushed, he glared at me and stood up, brushing his tunic. He walked up to the door and weakly spoke. "Ravio...please....i-it's not what it looked like! I promise!" I shaked my head, remembering their little "relationship". Gross. Just gross.  I stood and put a hand on his shoulder. He needed to calm it. His head turned and his eyes were wet. "Link....why?" I heard a voice inside the bathroom, it was shaky and muffled. Link bit his lip, looking at me. This was the first time he layed eyes on me without giving me a death glare. "I....kissed back." He whispered, pain in his tone. I saw the tears fall, and I kinda felt bad for the guy. Something about him annoyed me, it aas his eyes. They wouldn't stop staring. At me. I couldn't stop my eyes from staring back, there was so much sorrow in those crystal eyes, it was like my whole life put before me. Then his face got closer, and I regretted the staring. His warm lips met my cold ones, and he kissed hard. I gasped and pushed him away. "Fucking fag! You have a fucking boyfriend you fucking blonde!" I think that was the most times I used "fucking" in a sentence. I wiped my mouth and stormed off.

LINK'S POV: (three months later)

I was hurt, and I was hurting others....I've hurt Hilda, and Shadow, and Ravio.....my beloved Ravio. He didn't like me too much anymore, I knew that he probably wouldn't ever come back considering how long he's been gone...... I never found Navi, Zelda was probably mad at me for stealing her "boyfriend", I mean she WAS gonna hear about it sooner or later, we were the most known couple in Hyrule. I never actually knew where Navi went exactly, maybe she left because her job was done, she did what she needed to.....now I had no one.....Gulley was always there....but I hurt him too, I ignored him...and everyone else....for about a month now. Ravio and Hilda were back where they belonged, in their land. I just wanted everyone back.....I wamted the past back.