Chapter 71: The Big Day!

Landing in Michigan a couple days later, the family of three get settled in before Callie has to make last minute wedding details and go through the motions of the rehearsal dinner. Now ready for the big day. The wedding taking place at Callie's parents' lake house that overlooks Lake Michigan. A perfect backdrop. A scenic location that always brings on great weather.

            Callie sits in a chair, a robe wrapped around her as she peers over at her one shoulder, lace wedding dress hanging by the huge bay window. Jordan behind her curling her hair. Approximately five hours until she walks down the aisle. Butterflies continue to erupt in her stomach as she twirls her engagement ring around her finger, so many emotions running through her.

            "You okay?" Jordan asks, pulling her out of her thoughts.

            Callie nods. "Yeah just thinking."

             "What do you think the boys did last night with Josh's last night of freedom?" Lacey, Josh's other sister asks – applying mascara to Callie.

            "Who knows. I mean look who he went with," Callie laughs. "He went with your brother, Kiley's husband and his two buddies from the military."

              The girls all chuckle together. Callie stands up, along with the help of Hannah and her other bridesmaids, they help Callie pull on her dress, tears filling their eyes when they see her.

              "Okay stop. You guys are going to make me cry," Callie exclaims, fanning her face. "We should probably get the kids dressed."

            "It's almost here man," Matt says, tying the tie as he stands beside his brother at the full-length mirror.

            "Yeah I know."

             "You nervous?"

             "Hell yeah I'm nervous," Josh smiles. "I'm getting married. I'm going to have a wife."

             "Eh, you guys are practically married already since you skipped marriage and right to a baby," Matt winks.

             "Well we didn't plan on him, he just happened," Josh nods, the memory flashing into his head of the moment he found out Callie was pregnant. Not one of his best moments. "He's a momma's boy. Love his momma."

             "Are you guys going to have any anymore kids?" Kiley's husband Corey asks, fixing his tie.

              "Yeah we at least want one more," Josh answers. "Complete our family and with Kaiser talking more now, he's expressed to Callie and I that he wants a brother, not a sister, a brother," Josh laughs.

              "I think that can be part of the honeymoon activities," Matt winks. "Give Uncle Matt another niece or nephew."

              "Yeah yeah," Josh smirks. "I think we need to start heading out."