Chapter 4: Finally, Some Eye Candy

8:01 illuminates brightly on the vehicle dash as Callie pulls into the school parking lot and pulling into an empty space. Courtney and Callie exit the vehicle and making their ascent up the stairs and into the massive building. As they part ways, Callie changes to the direction of the locker room to put away her softball bag. At around 8:10, she makes a stop at her locker to retrieve her first period books. Of course, with twenty minutes before the first bell, her other friends, Abby and Nicole are already standing at her locket along with Courtney. She couldn't help but laugh as they have the deer in the headlights look.

            "What are you guys looking at?" Callie grabs her textbook and notebook, placing her backpack inside.

            "When did we get some eye candy around here?" Nicole laughs.

            "What?" Callie turns and looks in the direction where her friend's eyes are. Her eyes catch what her friends see as they awkwardly stare at the guy across the hall. She can't help but star herself. The new kid taking off his jacket and placing it in his locker, wearing jeans and a long sleeve v-neck shirt, rolling up his sleeves.

             "Guys, quit staring at him," Callie scolds, snapping out of her trance and shutting her locker as the five minute warning bell goes off. The girls part and Callie and Courtney head to class, walking by the new kid and noticing a few tattoos peeking from underneath his shirt. Walking into her Economics class, she sits down at her usual desk and places all of her books and notebook on the surface, people talking and goofing around, oblivious to the fact that the teacher walks in.

            Callie's eyes catch movement from her peripherals and sees the new guy walk in with a couple books and a pencil behind his ear. He takes a seat toward the back and a few rows from her. Once sat down, Callie glances over at Courtney and gives her a look as she shrugs her shoulders. Callie faces the front as the teacher shuts the door.