Chapter 56: Two Karat Diamond Ring

"You ready babe?" Josh asks, knocking on the bathroom door. The family back in Texas for couple of weeks.

            "Yeah, I'm almost done," she says, finishing the last curl in her hair. She opens the door and steps out.

            "Well, don't you look nice," he smiles. Josh's eyes running down the coral dress that Callie is wearing.

            "You look really good too," Callie nods.

            "Well, thank you," Josh says, sliding his hands down her sides and then up her dress a little.

            "What are you doing?" Callie asks, feeling his hands.

            "Oh, nothing," he says, giving her a soft peck on the lips.

            "Stop," Callie chuckles.

             "Why?"

             "Because we won't make our dinner reservations if you keep doing that."

            "Alright fine," he chuckles, grabbing their jackets and heading out.

            "So, what's the occasion?" Callie asks when they sit down at the Sushi restaurant fifteen minutes later.

            "Well, you've graduated college, you have the greatest thing anyone could have. I can't take you out just because?"

            "I'm nervous," she smirks, taking a sip of her wine.

            "No need to be nervous, I'm just trying to give you a nice night."

            "Where are we going?" Callie asks, looking over at Josh as he begins to drive away from the restaurant an hour later.

            "I have a surprise."

            "Surprise huh? Like what?"

            "Like a surprise," he laughs, kissing the back of her hand.

            "Fine. I won't ask about the surprise."

            "Don't worry, you'll find out soon since you're so good with surprises," Josh teases.

            "I hate surprises," Callie smiles.

            "I know you do, that's why I like to give you surprises," he says, parking the car in a parking space. An ice cream shop near the beach.

            Josh shifts the car into park and the two get some ice cream, one chocolate and one vanilla ice cream on cones. Hand in hand, they walk the beach. Feeling the hot earthy sand in between in their toes since they've removed their shoes. The sun sets in the distance, adding quite a romantic feel. A large cabana coming into view. Josh leading her towards the lights hanging around the cabana.

             The two get up closer and Callie's eyes fall on people standing near the cabana. The softball girls for one, all of them. She grins when she sees her family and Josh's family – Matt holding Kaiser.

             "Babe, what's going on?" Callie asks as Josh walks over to Matt and taking a smiling Kaiser. Her eyes catch the small object that is sparkling when he walks back. She sees the princess cut, two karat diamond ring that is in Kaiser's hand. Josh drops to one knee and slides his hand on top of hers.

             "Callie, I have had feelings for you since we were kids and I've been in love with you as long as I can remember. I want to spend every day waking up with you, and I want to be a family with you and Kaiser. So, will you make me the luckiest man alive and marry me?" he asks, rubbing his thumb along the back of her hand, blinking back a few tears, choking up a bit at the end.