14: Mother?

Cassie R

Cassie R. Malfoy

I should've known that James would nearly be incapable of concentrating, every single time we closed our eyes, in seconds he was opening his and asking a bazillion questions. Even after I explained how delicate it was that he had a safe place for his mind to be.

My breathing were evening out thinking that maybe the trillion time was a charm until I heard his voice again.

"This is not working"

"You are not working Potter" I groaned in frustration now opening my eyes only to find him walking from side to side while his glasses were over our bags.

"You said there were some books maybe I could start with those" I scoffed immediately.

"You really think I trust you to take care of ancient frail books?" I asked him rhetorically since I didn't need an answer.

"Malfoy, I'm not diving blindly into this"

"I have them on my dorm" I sighed getting myself up from the floor and picking my things.

We started going down the stairs when I heard a female voice that I could've swear I've heard it somewhere else.

"Shit Miss Igraine..." James muttered seconds before taking me abruptly from my waist and pinning me back to the wall and his free hand was on the side of my face while his was dangerously close to mine.

"What the" he shushed me before I could even finish that sentence and gosh, if anybody walked by us, we were in such a compromised position that would lead to the wrong ideas.

"Children, to what do I ought the pleasure?" I blushed immediately at the same time that Potter let go of me, clearing his throat.

"We are sorry, Miss Igraine...we thought no one would come by" James spoke, and I felt his arm go above my shoulders and the blue-eyed woman just looked at both of us with a smirk.

"Young, forbidden love I'd know about that" She muttered, and I saw how she took a few steps closer to me and her hand went straight to caress my face causing a shiver down my spine "It's a pleasure to finally meet you Cassiopeia, you look just like your mother" just as the woman stopped touching my face I felt a sharp pain on my frontal lobe and heard a piercing scream that was coming from my mother who I saw maybe when she was my age in obvious pain.