15: Sagittarius, it makes sense

James S

James S. Potter

Weeks passed by after that first lesson with Cassie and I could already feel how we were starting to be more civil with each other, not friends, but we were not at each other's' throats all the time.

By now I've already read the hundred books that she required me to do, and I was starting to feel way more confident with this new magic that I was learning. It's so simple yet so powerful. I even started learning ancient Latin, so it was easier.

The things with Miss Igraine were the same, there were actually few classes when she didn't tried using Legilimency on me and I was starting to grow tired about it. I even wrote my father about the situation and he literally told me that maybe I was imagining thing. It was somewhat frustrating trying to reason with him. I guess we were both stubborn as hell and didn't help that much with our relationship.

"Potter" I heard Cassie calling me, so I stop walking to wait for her.

"Hey, we are still on for 6 pm right?" I asked her casually.

"Actually that's what I wanted to talk to you...It's Friday and they are throwing a party...so" I couldn't believe what she was saying, is she really blowing me off for a party?

"I mean...is that an invite?" I shrugged slightly.

"Well...it's actually my birthday party and both Alex and Lena are throwing it...so probably not" she said with a sorry smile and I frown the second I heard it was her birthday, I didn't knew that; and yeah it makes sense both her boyfriend and her friend, who is like my sister-in-law or something, don't like me that much so I figured I was not welcomed there.

"Didn't knew you were a Sagittarius, it kind of makes sense now" I muttered with a half-smile leaning on the wall.

"Excuse you, are you into Astrology now?" she asked now raising an eyebrow.

"I mean, I'm not that into but I guess I know my fair share"

"You are such a tween girl"

"I know, but I didn't knew it was your birthday I would've got you something" I changed the subject.

"Well, I do tend to have birthdays every 24th of November of every year" she added sarcastically with a smile that know I learned means she actually think I'm funny but she is going to pretend that I annoy her.

"Oh okay, do you know when is my birthday then? Since I have them every year" of course she didn't knew we weren't friends nor cared about the other.

"Every 1st of September, but don't let it get in your head I remember because your family always makes a scandal on King Cross, birthdays are tacky though and morbid like you are getting older and saggy why be happy?" she remarked slyly which I laughed.

"Yet you are having a birthday party" I added moving my head in a side-to-side motion mocking her.

"A surprise birthday party" she clarified, and I scoffed rolling my eyes.