20: We're like Romeo and Juliet...if Juliet hated Romeo

James S

James S. Potter

"We certainly do not Potter" she snapped back at me immediately and the only thing I could do was sigh while fixing my glasses.

"Why do you have to be such a bitch about it Huh? I was trying to help" I exclaimed exasperated with her, I get that she's having a rough couple of days with everything going on but I truly didn't mean no harm.

"Because I'm a bitch, as you like to make very clear every chance you get" Fair enough.

"Well Maybe, and only maybe if you didn't act like a total spoiled bratty princess I wouldn't need to" at this point I forgot that I was actually trying to apologize, but instead my frustration grew bigger by the minute.

"Don't go behind my back ever again or I'll hex you" she muttered while crossing her eyes and rolling her doe like eyes to the side.

"I'm starting to think that you are no more than empty threats" my mouth coiled in a smirk while I saw the littlest glimpse of a smile on her face.

"This is the first and only time I'm going to let it go, but I'll get something in return" She made a pause for a second, was she about to use my intromission as blackmail for future situations? "I'm failing Astronomy"

"You do not take Astronomy" I stated with a blank stare not understanding what she was telling me.

"Oh, but you see, apparently I took the class at the beginning of this year for extra credit, but silly me forgot about it" she explained and my mind went spiraling for a few seconds.

"You don't think this has to do with Miss Igraine and the incident of the other day, do you?" I asked cautiously since I didn't know exactly in what ground we were standing friendship wise or any.

"James..." her expression became somber for a mere second "Would I be crazy if I thought that someone or something is after me?" she did not sound like she was joking, if anything she sounded really worried.

I furrowed my eyebrows while I took both of her hand in between mine in an attempt to give her as much confidence as I could "No princess, you wouldn't be crazy, if anything It'll be the sanest thing you've said in a while" I told her trying to soothe her worries.

"Lena thinks it might have to do with the...umm alternative magic we do" she started explaining

"Well Lena might not be exactly the wisest, but she might have a point maybe we should lay back on it you know use it just when the time comes" If us practicing this new, well old magic, is what's putting her at risk or making her a target we needed to stop immediately.

"But I don't think it's that, plenty people practice it" she added taking her cold hands away from mine.

"Look Cassie, I truly believe we should stop the lessons, it's almost Christmas and let's face it you probably have better things to do rather than teaching dum dum Potter Occlumency" I said giving her a wink.